Aviron, a Y-combinator company, is a connected rowing machine built on an advanced gaming platform. We are excited to grow our team and share our vision of creating a leading fitness entertainment platform that motivates our community via game psychology and tech.
Backed by SamsungNext, the co-founder of Oculus, among others, Aviron has been experiencing rapid growth since our ecommerce launch in 2020, seeing impressive growth in a crowded connected fitness space thanks to our differentiated product, while helping real people improve their health and overall fitness.
We demonstrate our commitment to improve the lives of people of all fitness levels by using real Aviron members instead of models or professional athletes in our ads and growing a supportive and positive community, which we highly recommend you check out to get a true sense of Aviron :)
We’re looking for a passionate individual to join the OG team and be a part of our success story.
Aviron is right for you if:
- You’re looking for a role that prioritizes personal and professional growth (*Aviron encourages development via a personal education allowance)
- You’re looking for a relatively flat organization with friendly people that values merit (i.e. good work)
- You’re self-motivated and produce amazing work
- You’re not down with office politics
- You want to own your work, start to finish
- You want to be provided with ample support and resources (i.e. budget) to complete said work
- You are looking to make an impact and see your work drive growth
As our Intermediate Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for creating and delivering kick-ass creative that addresses our marketing needs and builds the Aviron brand, putting us one step further in our mission towards (connected fitness) world domination.
To be successful in this role, you must have in-depth knowledge of design principles, styles and techniques with a focus on brand-building and conversion. You should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including but not limited to e-commerce, websites and landing pages, social assets, print and product packaging.
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to ensure the design team promotes the Aviron brand and vision through original and impactful creative over a variety of media.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and execute fresh designs, using various software programs, from conception to delivery for various channels (digital, print, web, display, sales etc.)
- Work with Content Writer and ACD to ensure creative assets and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Participate in Creative Sprints alongside Growth team to produce impactful concepts for paid performance channels like Meta, CTV and Web
- Comply with industry best-practices, design & social trends, tools and techniques that help drive engagement
- Review peer work to ensure high-quality and brand consistency
- Liaise with marketing and external teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Review performance data from Senior Performance Manager to help optimize assets, increasing reach, potential for hit rate success and ultimately lower CAC
- Assist in the creation of Customer and Non-Customer email campaigns for Marketing and Product teams
- Update and maintain internal databases for design, photography, and video assets
- Participate in weekly creative brainstorm sessions, presenting new ideas, reviewing rough drafts and actively participating in discussion
- Support ACD on developing a cohesive visual identity that accurately reflects our brand personality
- Examine existing processes, identify flaws, and create solutions that improve design capabilities
Requirements and Skills
- College or University education within the Creative field or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in a graphic designer role
- Experience in a high-volume environment or advertising agency
- Strong portfolio with recent work
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with team members
- High-level of proficiency in Adobe Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), Figma, Google Suite, Vimeo and Frame.io
- Organized and self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Growth Marketing team
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment with a strong focus on conversion
- A keen eye for visual details
- Aesthetic skills
- Strong proofreader with a good grasp of grammar and punctuation
- Video editing an asset