Splash is an international development organization founded in 2007 and headquartered in Seattle, Washington, USA. In 15 years, we have reached nearly 1,000,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we embarked on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), focused on serving over 800,000 children in three major growth cities - Addis Ababa and Bahir Dar, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India - with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. This is an exciting time for Splash as we pivot to new ways of working and aim to expand our impact to new cities across 3-5 countries.
Splash supports local leaders, institutions, and partners to drive lasting change on the ground. We believe that local capacity to solve problems at scale exists, and our job is to strategically support and magnify the impact of local governments, nonprofit and for-profit actors for the good of children and families across the cities in which we work.
Our core values guide everything we do, including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People - People first. People second. People third.
- Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash values the unique skills and experiences everyone brings to the organization, and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants for employment. To learn more, please visit www.splash.org.
Full-time remote position reporting to the Chief Partnerships Officer
This role is part of a six-person Business Development team, supporting the team through expanding its institutional grant-seeking capacity. The Grant Writer serves as a major engine for driving grant proposals at Splash, working in close coordination with the other members of the Business Development team and relevant counterparts in Finance and Programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, and write grant proposals, including all required supporting materials, in collaboration with relevant staff members and approval of Chief Partnerships Officer.
- Craft grant proposals that are well-researched and customized to adhere to stipulated funding requirements and Splash’s organizational needs.
- Proofread proposals to correct errors before submission.
- Submit completed grants on time and in the requisite document format.
- Complete concept papers outlining problems and program-driven solutions.
- Serve as an active member of the Business Development team and participate in relevant internal meetings to share updates on grant writing processes.
- Coordinate with other staff members on issues of reporting and compliance.
- A minimum of 7 years of grant writing experience, spanning both private and public sources of funding.
- Strong familiarity and fluency with government grant processes, including but not limited to USAID, OFDA, DFID and others.
- Fluency in putting together grant budgets for a wide variety of funding needs.
- Comfort with prospect research and with helping to expand institutional funding pipelines.
- Ability to write proposals for both unrestricted and restricted sources of funding.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a nimble and fast-moving attitude and will be able to work collaboratively across different cultures, departments, and geographic locations. The candidate will be a self-starter and will be able to take direction quickly and thoroughly, with a strong attention to detail.
Location, Compensation, and Benefits
At Splash, we are committed to living out our mission every day, and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves and support their families.
- Splash works across multiple time zones and embraces flexible, dynamic work schedules. Team members are welcome to set standard work hours within their time zone, however some availability to accommodate periodic off-hours work is preferred. This expectation is balanced by the benefit of a self-managed schedule that allows for personal time as needed.
- Splash believes we must invest in you so that you can succeed. This means we will equip you with the resources and technology to excel, and onboard you in a way that highlights Splash’s ethos, culture, history, successes, and challenges.
- The annual salary range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000. This will be reviewed at least annually.
- Splash provides generous benefits including 18 days of paid time off, increasing by 2 days each year up to 28 days, and 11 paid holidays.
- Wellness Fridays (reduced working hours on Fridays); medical, dental, and vision; and a 401K plan with a 3% match.
- We provide additional paid time off for all staff between December 26 to New Year’s Eve to recognize end-of-year stress and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and planning for the holidays.