Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
Our cutting-edge software empowers businesses to optimize operations, enhance productivity, and drive revenue growth. The Global Strategic Accounts team is focused on acquiring and expanding revenue within our largest Global Strategic Accounts.
We are seeking a highly experienced sales professional with a proven track record of crushing revenue targets to join our dynamic team, as Global Strategic Account Director, to expand our market share in the Global 2000. The Global Strategic Account Director will play a pivotal role in winning new customers and acquiring incremental revenue across business units, subsidiaries, and geographies within our largest Global Strategic Accounts (GSAs.)
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Strategic Accounts, you will partner closely with the company’s leadership across all global go-to-market teams to nail and scale best practices in the upper markets.
In this role, you will manage the end-to-end sales process from building pipeline to closing new business to expanding revenue. You will take a results-oriented and customer-centric approach with a focus on understanding and addressing customer pain points and delivering exceptional long-term value.
This role requires enterprise selling which is a combination of technical expertise, strategic thinking, cross-functional collaboration, relationship building, and business acumen tailored to the unique needs of Global Strategic Accounts.
You are someone who leads by example to uplevel, coach, and mentor team members to improve overall performance.
What You Will Do
• Predictably exceed revenue targets and customer expectations.
• Acquire new customer revenue in our largest Global Strategic Accounts (GSAs). Identify and pursue upsell and cross-sell opportunities, maximizing the value of our offerings.
• Nail and scale best practices to acquire incremental revenue across business units, subsidiaries, and geographies.
Strategic Account Planning
• Create and execute Strategic Account Plans that align with the company’s overall business strategy to identify growth opportunities and drive revenue within GSAs.
• Results-oriented and customer-centric approach with a focus on understanding and addressing customer pain points and delivering exceptional long-term customer value.
• Focus on outcomes over activities.
Rigorous & Predictable Sales Process
• Run a repeatable sales process including consistent management of CRM data, and high adoption of Highspot and other sales tools.
• Predictably forecast opportunities and revenue with a high level of accuracy.
Executive Relationship Building & Multi-Threading
• Currently have and establish new, trust and credibility with C-level executives and key stakeholders.
• Multi-threading to multiple personas across the entire account hierarchy and different business units to understand business objectives and develop a strategic selling strategy.
• Tailor all engagements, solutions, and product demonstrations to meet the needs of different buyers within the account.
Strategic Negotiation and Closing
• Lead complex negotiations and close high-value deals, ensuring mutually beneficial outcomes for both the customer and the company.
• Craft compelling sales proposals with multiple SKUs to maximize revenue and margins.
• Act as a thought leader on industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies to position our software solutions effectively.
• Compete to win. Continuously analyze market dynamics and adjust strategies to maintain a competitive edge.
Evangelize Our Vision
• Deeply understand the challenges our buyers face in increasing sales productivity and driving consistent execution of their strategic initiatives.
• Evangelize the Highspot vision and product roadmap to solve those challenges.
• Leverage the Highspot solution to take a multi-channel, high-quality approach to engaging buyers. Show what good looks like in using Highspot to sell to buyers.
• Collaborate and lead effectively with internal global teams consisting of Solution Consultants, • Marketing, Services, Account Development, Professional Services, and Partner & Alliances to deliver seamless solutions and address customer needs.
• Act as a conductor to ensure everyone in the Account team has clear objectives.
Deliver Technical & Solution Expertise
• Communicate technical information effectively to non-technical stakeholders.
• Proactively stay tip-of-the-spear on product use cases, capabilities, and differentiators.
• A commitment to continuous learning and staying up-to-date with emerging technologies.
- Enterprise Complex Sales Experience: 7-10+ years of full-cycle B2B SaaS sales experience, with a preferred 5 years of Enterprise Complex Sales. ~2 years of experience selling to Upper Market Segment accounts. Experience running long sales cycles (8-24 months.)
- Global Strategic Account Expertise: Experience managing 5-7 Strategic Global Accounts, both new and existing customers. Proven track record selling complex, high-value software solutions. Strong negotiation skills and the ability to close large deals.
- Consistent Top Performance: Consistent achievement of year-over-year quota attainment across the past two years.
- Industry Knowledge: Deep understanding of the B2B software industry, including current trends, competitors, and market dynamics. MarTech expertise preferred.
- C-Suite Relationship Building: Exceptional relationship-building skills to establish trust and credibility with C-level executives and key stakeholders. The ability to tap into existing networks and develop a robust professional network within the industry.
- Communication Skills & Executive Presence: Excellent and refined communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to concisely articulate the value proposition to customers effectively. High level of confidence engaging with the most senior executives.
- Value Engineering: Experience in driving and delivering ROI and Business Cases that demonstrate value realization.
- Technical Aptitude: Proficiency and passion in understanding complex software solutions and their technical aspects. Curiosity to deeply understand product use cases and capabilities.
- Global Perspective: Experience working with international organizations and an understanding of cultural nuances in global business.
- Financial Acumen: Understanding of financial metrics and the ability to analyze the financial impact of proposals on the customer’s business.
- Data Analysis: Proficiency in leveraging data and analytics to identify trends and opportunities within accounts.
- Problem Solving: Strong problem-solving skills to address customer challenges and tailor solutions to their specific needs. Ability to come up with creative, out-of-the-box solutions.
- Project Management: Ability to manage complex projects, ensuring successful implementation and adoption of software solutions.
- Travel Flexibility: Willingness and ability to travel globally to meet with clients as needed.
- Agile & Tenacious: Ability to react and pivot in ambiguous and changing environments. Entrepreneurial start-up mindset that will proactively provide creative solutions to move the business forward.
This position is available either in-office or remote, as applicable, at the following locations:
- Arizona - Remote
- Arkansas - Remote
- California - Remote
- Connecticut - Remote
- Florida - Remote
- Georgia - Remote
- Idaho - Remote
- Illinois - Remote
- Maryland - Remote
- Massachusetts - Remote
- Michigan - Remote
- Minnesota - Remote
- Missouri - Remote
- Montana - Remote
- Nevada - Remote
- New Hampshire - Remote
- New Jersey - Remote
- New York - Remote
- North Carolina - Remote
- Ohio - Remote
- Oregon - Remote
- Pennsylvania - Remote
- Tennessee - Remote
- Texas - Remote
- Utah - Remote
- Virginia - Remote
- Washington - Remote
- Washington - Seattle
- Washington, D.C. - Remote
- Wisconsin - Remote
Base salary range: $155,500 - $182,500. On Target Earnings (OTE) range: $310,000 - $365,000, 50.00% base/50.00% variable target OTE split. Employees are eligible to receive stock options and may also receive other forms of compensation.
The above represents total expected compensation for this role. Actual compensation will depend on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to, location, experience, and job qualifications.
Highspot also offers the following employee benefits for this position:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits
-Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution
-401(k) Matching with immediate vesting on employer match
-8 paid holidays and 5 paid days for Annual Holiday Week
-Quarterly Recharge Fridays (paid days off for mental health recharge)
-18 weeks paid parental leave
-Professional development opportunities through LinkedIn Learning
-Discounted ClassPass membership
-Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health
-2 volunteer days per year