Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC, English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
Come join our Localization team and help us create the best possible user experience for learners of Math through high-quality, pedagogically sound German localization.
This is a contract role (no benefits included) that can be based anywhere in the world.
- Use your knowledge of math teaching to provide localization support for Duolingo’s Math app; proofread localized and verify that math concepts and approaches are accurately and compellingly represented for German speakers
- Contribute to the development of a German math glossary based on the English course content and in-house style guides
- Consult with Math team and German localization team members to align on key pedagogical approaches that should be captured in translation
- Ensure that exercises are not only understandable for Math learners in German, but also engaging and pedagogically sound
- Native fluency in German and full working proficiency in English
- 2+ years teaching math in a K-12 setting in German in Germany
- Familiarity with pedagogical approaches to math and common external teaching standards (ex: CCSS, NCTM mathematical practices)
- [Preferred] Experience localizing online, mobile, and/or game products
- [Preferred] Experience developing math curricula
- Strong interest in Duolingo and our mission
- Ability to work 5-15 hrs/week from January 2024 - June 2024 (flexible; workload may vary from week to week)
Applications must be submitted in English.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.