So, we heard you’re on this page because you want to work at Squanch Games, huh? GREAT TO HEAR. PROCEED. If you’re reading this, that means we have an open position on our team, and we want YOU to be the honorable chosen one to fill that thing up. At Squanch Games, we make dreams come true–the funkiest, bizarrest dreams from the gaping depths of our souls. Real complex stuff, but you probably know what we’re talking about because you’ve already played our games, right? RIGHT? (Hint: YES).
If you see molds and like breaking them, or boxes and enjoy stepping outside of them – ONWARD! There’s a hungry application eagerly waiting for you to click on it. Feed it your resumes and cover letters. Mmm.
As a Gameplay Writer at Squanch Games, you’ll have a hand in writing the dialogue and scenarios for the comedic narrative we bring to life here at our studio, and you’ll be doing so with an eye for how that narrative meshes with our off-the-wall design sensibilities. You love thinking about how to bring great character-driven narratives to life. Timing and dialogue are extremely important to you and you have great ideas on how to make them even more impactful and funny in games.
- Write dialog and exposition for a comedy-based game
- Work with our CCO and Narrative Director to produce world & character outlines for our narrative team
- Seek feedback and adjust as necessary, communicating along the way
- Collaborate with our narrative and design teams to adjust writing to our game needs
- Be able to write under short deadlines when the need arises
- Organize and keep track of great volumes of writing and how they connect to various aspects of the project
- Have a keen attention to detail – can spot grammatical errors and fact check
- Be creative – you’re a font of interesting ideas and can suggest new stories that will resonate with our audience
- Be able to act independently on writing tasks
- Experienced: You have experience in game development, specifically as a writer or designer. You have experience with both short & long ship cycles with scrappy teams.
- A Gamer: You read and/or play games most days. You know what’s going on in our industry and can’t wait to talk to others about it.
- Humor: Fluid and open sense of humor & understanding of comedy. You’re curious, passionate, and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Collaborative: You know that the best work comes from a team who trusts and respects each other. You strive to collaborate with others and don’t care whose ideas win. The best ideas win.
- Salary range: $70,000 to $108,000, depending on experience
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Short term & long term disability insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- 401k and FSA
- Flexible PTO & schedule
- Completely remote studio
- Bonus to ensure a comfortable work from home setup
- Monthly snack box
- Monthly stipend for WFH expenses