Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love. Our technology teams have created unique, innovative software for our customers as well as employees in merchandising, styling, warehouse systems, and inventory management. We leverage data and user research to personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a delightful offering for our customers and a successful business serving millions of women, men, and kids. We're looking for outstanding people to contribute to our evolution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work within a distributed team of 4-8 software engineers and cross-functional partners including product, design, algorithms and operations.You're expected to have strong written communication skills and be able to develop strong working relationships with coworkers and business partners.
You will be working on customer facing systems, creating the future of how Stitch Fix’s clients browse and buy, or in our Merchandising, Styling or Warehouse Systems, creating the future of how Stitch Fix’s clients are styled, shown outfits and receive their purchases.
This is a remote position available within the United States. We operate in an agile-inspired manner; collaborating across multiple time zones. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way and deliver long term value.
- Operate as an engaged member of the engineering team - leading meetings, attending ceremonies, providing input on technical design documents & project plans, pairing with other engineers to work toward a solution, etc.
- Collaborating with stakeholders while leading the technical discovery, decision-making, and execution of complex and/or critical projects within the team.
- Model consistently delivering sustainable results against measurable goals.
- Proactively communicate status updates or changes to the scope or timeline of projects to stakeholders and leadership.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- Actively engage in the professional development and growth of your teammates.
- Finding new and better ways of doing things that align with business priorities.
- Influencing other engineers toward right-sized solutions.
- Participating in on-call rotations and improving the on-call experience for others.
- Writing and reviewing code in Ruby, Golang, or Node used in applications built with React or Rails.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Hands-on experience with running modern web stacks (e.g. Ruby, Rails, GraphQL, Kafka, Redis, Postgres, and NextJS).
- You are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge
- You have excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written.
- You take initiative and operate with accountability.
- You are motivated by solving problems and finding creative client-focused solutions.
- Might have experience working remotely alongside a distributed software engineering team.
- Must have experience with Ruby, Rails, and GraphQL schema design.
- Might have experience with evolving a resilient distributed service architecture.
OUR TECH STACK INCLUDES...
- GRAPHQL,Postgres,Redis, and Kafka
- Ruby, Rails, Golang and some Node.js
- React, TypeScript, CSS, HTML
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE...
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Full support for remote work—and you get to visit our SF office every few months to connect with your peers and partners.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
ABOUT STITCH FIX
We're changing the industry and bringing personal styling to every body. We believe in a service and a workplace where you can show up as your best, most authentic self. The Stitch Fix experience is not merely curated—it’s truly personalized to each client we style. We are changing the way people find what they love. We’re disrupting the future of retail with the precision of data science by combining it with human instinct to find pieces that fit our client’s unique style. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. This results in a simple, yet powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women and kids throughout the US and UK. We believe we are only scratching the surface and are looking for incredible people like you to help us boldly create our future.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.