Vermont Information Processing is the country’s leading provider of software solutions for the beverage industry. We craft the technology that assists in every part of a beverage’s journey from its creator to your glass! For over 50 years VIP’s growth and success have been driven by the excellent relationships that we’ve built with our beverage customers and partners. We work to solve their mission-critical problems, provide innovative solutions for their businesses and never stop reimagining ways that we can help them succeed.
- Work across multiple parts of the tech stack: architecture, front and back-end web development, mobile apps, and data warehouses
- Work with internal and third-party API integrations and develop new APIs
- Work with high volume ETL systems, data warehouses, and predictive forecasting
- Build robust, secure, scalable, and appropriately tested features from end to end
- Provide guidance and knowledge to perform code reviews and improve code quality, architecture, and product performance across the platform.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals—algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
- Experience in a test-driven environment with an understanding of testing methodologies and the importance of writing unit tests
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies, including SQL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Technologies We Use:
- Frameworks: Node, Express, Vue, React Native, Redux
- Tools: Jira, Git, Ansible, PUG, Stylus, Firebase
- Cloud Computing: AWS EC2, S3, Fargate, Lambda, RDS, API Gateway, SQS, Snowflake
- Health Insurance
- Vision and Dental Expense Reimbursement
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Parental Leave
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Combined Time Off and Floating Holidays
- Flex and Hybrid Schedules
All full time job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
VIP offers the unique opportunity to become a valued member of both an industry-leading organization and a 100% employee-owned company. VIP is committed to taking care of its employees, from the daily perks that make life more fun to the substantial employer investment in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We provide a great work environment and comprehensive benefits that support a healthy work/life balance, as well as growth opportunities and a generous retirement program that support a stable future. Consistently named one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont, our goal is to offer an atmosphere that folks look forward to being a part of everyday.