Now is a great time to join Optery (https://www.optery.com/). We’ve 3x-ed revenue in the last year with zero sales headcount, our product was awarded “Editors’ Choice” by PCMag.com as the most outstanding in its category for the 2nd year in a row (https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/optery), we presented at SXSW Pitch as a finalist in the Enterprise and Smart Data category (https://youtu.be/OXpn67PKa_c), and our latest funding round was covered by TechCrunch (https://tcrn.ch/3HOXgkX).
Optery is automated opt out software. Our mission is to empower people to take control of their personal data, and we have a vision for a safer world through data privacy.
Optery is the first company to offer a free report with dozens of screenshots showing where your personal information is being posted by hundreds of data brokers online (https://app.optery.com/signup), and the first to offer IT security teams a completely self-service platform for finding and removing employee personal information from the web (https://business.optery.com/signup). Optery can also automatically remove you from these sites, clearing your home address, phone number, email and other personal information from the Internet at scale. Our service is used to prevent threats like phishing, social engineering, identity theft, harassment and physical violence
Tens of thousands of users and dozens of businesses rely on Optery to prevent attacks and keep personal information off the Internet. Optery has raised $6M in seed funding by Y Combinator, Bayhouse Capital, Global Founders Capital, Goodwater Capital, Pioneer Fund, Soma Capital, TRAC and other world-class investors.
Optery is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, but operates as a fully-remote global team.
We’re seeking a highly knowledgeable and experienced full stack engineer with a background in Node.js and who enjoys early stage environments that provide freedom to move fast and ship new customer-facing products and features at high velocity. You’ll work closely with the founders of the company and have a high degree of influence and input. The right candidate will have a high degree of versatility and excels at creating software at all layers of web application platforms. The role requires outstanding communication and customer empathy skills. Since we are a remote first company, you will simultaneously need to be able to collaborate well, and be self-directed and work independently.
The ideal person will be passionate about building consumer data privacy software, and will have experience across most of these areas:
- NodeJS and web development
- Writing tests
- Asynchronous jobs execution / event brokers (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Databases - Postgres, SQL, and NoSQL (Redis, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- User data security best practices
- Designing core, backend software components
- Implementing integrations with third-party APIs
- Diagnosing and addressing performance issues
- Kubernetes, micro-services, and resource management
- AWS, GCP, Azure
- Bonus if you have experience working in the consumer privacy or consumer data industries, Python and automation tools
- 4+ years experience as a backend or full-stack engineer building web applications
- 2+ years experience with NodeJS via a meaningful project
- Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Maturity, self-awareness, empathy, a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
Optery is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, but operates as a fully-remote global team. You will be working closely with our engineering leaders located in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Compensation & Benefits
- $30K - $60K
- Paid time off policy
- Stipend for home office setup