Sparksoft is a fast-growing woman-owned small business that provides innovative technical solutions to the federal government. We are seeking a Full Stack Developer who is passionate about designing and building complex applications for our federal government clients. The successful Full Stack Developer should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and collaboration abilities, and a deep understanding of applications design and implementation best practices.
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following agile development principles and practices.
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance, and re-use.
- Sets and adheres to software coding, best practices, and style guides to ensure consistency. Participates in code reviews.
- Participates in the sprint planning meetings to assign story points and commit to the user stories planned for a given weekly sprint.
- Supports troubleshoot problems with existing applications.
- Designing, building, and maintaining monitoring and testing infrastructure.
- Design and develop a modern highly responsive web-based user interface for Microservices based web application.
- Leverage the latest tools and techniques of web UI/UX Development spectrum.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Supports development of technical documentation.
- Supports IT program requirements and metrics development, definition, data quality assessment, and strategic analysis.
- Collects and analyzes data to produce forecasts, assessments, recommendations, and reports.
- Participates in the devising of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of applications.
- Translates requirements into technical specifications and diagrams and implements them in conformance with architectural and business requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of program level and user level documentation and training manuals as required.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of operational and system level documentation.
- Hands-on experience with application enhancements and builds new products in all layers of the application such as UI, Web Server, Application Server, Cloud Host, Database, Reporting, DevOps, and Application Monitoring using JEE, JBoss, Ruby on Rails, Red Hat, AWS, and data analytical products.
- Experience with web services (SOAP, RESTful, XML, JSON, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of Object-Oriented principles (Analysis and Design), DevOps culture and NoSQL database.
- Demonstrable experience in: OpenShift, Docker, GitHub, Sonarqube, etc.
- Experience in designing solutions using one or more AWS features, tools, and technologies such as EC2, EBS, Glacier, S3, ELB, CloudFormation, Lambda, CloudWatch, VPC, RDS, DirectConnect, AWS CLI, REST API, AWS billing, Service Catalogs and DynamoDB.
- Robust experience with front end frameworks such as Angular.
- Identifies reusable functionality and implements it as a reusable component.
- Knowledge of IT standards, methodologies, system development life cycle and project management frameworks.
- Exposure to and familiarity with various industries and specific operational solutions.
- Experience with CMS Marketplace eligibility and appeal processing
- Experience / knowledge of CMS processes and standards.
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Candidates must have lived in the United States 3 out of the past 5 years.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or comparable field
- 4+ years of experience