Brightwell is a full-service payments company providing thoughtful solutions and technology for sending money around the world while managing the complex regulatory requirements surrounding those transactions. Coupling technological innovation with strategic partnerships, Brightwell offers technology for businesses and individuals to expand their own portfolio into cross-border payments (including bank transfers, mobile wallets, or cash). Providing unmatched fraud and transaction monitoring, and backed by an in-house team of global payments experts, Brightwell offers options when it comes to managing and moving money around the globe.
Who we need:
Due to growth, we have opened a new role and are searching for a Full-Stack Web Developer to join our crew. As our Full-Stack Web Developer, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of server-side applications using Node.js, and client-side applications using React with Next/Remix. Your expertise in building scalable, high-performance applications will play a crucial role in delivering innovative solutions. We are looking for someone who can see where we are going, ask the right questions to uncover any potential technical roadblocks along the path, then dive into the code to achieve optimal results. If you have an agile mindset and strive to strike the balance between time to market and high-quality code, we would love to chat!
**This is a REMOTE position, based in the U.S. Some travel will be required.**
Eligible states of residence: AL, CO, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, MD, ME, MO, NV, PA, TX, WI
As a part of our selection process, we require all Brightwell candidates to complete a 10-minute survey which you can find here: Culture Index Survey. This confidential survey allows us to match your unique strengths with our open positions.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications using Node.js with TypeScript, React with Next or Remix, UIs with Tailwind, and databases using Postgres.
- Collaborate with teams to gather and analyze business requirements and translate those into technical specifications and solutions.
- Architect scalable and efficient software solutions, considering performance, security, and maintainability.
- Act as a mentor to junior developers, providing technical leadership and sharing best practices.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards, best practices, and architectural guidelines.
- Use your product focused engineering skills to speed solutions to completion.
- Exhibit discipline towards agile processes, always thinking holistically about the end goal.
- Conduct research on new and emerging technologies for both web and API technology stacks, allowing teams to develop and scale digital products quickly and effectively.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of development processes, tools, and methodologies.
- Jump in on other tasks or projects, as needed.
As a Full Stack Web Developer, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Broad understanding and experience in different technology stacks, specifically Node.js, TypeScript, React, Next/Remix (or similar frameworks).
- Experience working with Postgres.
- Experience with Azure cloud technology or similar cloud platforms.
- Experience with monorepos and building component libraries.
- Experience collaborating with designers and reading Figma files.
- Solid understanding of development principles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with and understanding of deliverables and value propositions and delivering business-centric, integrated technology solutions.
- Exposure to multiple diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments.
- Understanding of Agile processes.
- Ability to take ownership of your work.
We’ll give you extra credit for:
- FinTech or banking client experience.
- Agency experience, startup experience, or any new venture group focused on developing digital products.
- New product development experience.
- Experience collaborating with offshore (South America) development resources.
What we’re offering in return:
- Freedom: We trust you to do your thing and do it well.
- Professional Development: We work with you to grow your skills and push you forward.
- Entrepreneurship: We embrace new ideas and people who have the drive to see them through. If you are a doer, look no further!
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, parental leave, paid vacation, and more.
- Random: Culture and company events (happy hours, CEO lunches, outings to Braves or United games, etc.).