Who We Are
Teal Media is a full-service creative and design agency with a conscience. We believe purposeful design can transform organizations, inspire action, and enable progress. Our clients and nonprofit partners commit their lives to creating positive social change. We pour every ounce of our passion and skill into their success, because we, too, want the world to be a better place. We offer a variety of strategic, creative, and technical services, including brand strategy, web design and development, and creative support.
We are a woman-owned and woman-led firm with a diverse staff. At Teal Media, we value our people above all else and choose to work with partners and clients who share those beliefs.
The Front-end Developer executes on deliverables set forth by senior Development team members and clients, bringing their unique and fresh perspectives to projects. They play a role in client communications.
This role is under the Development team. You will report to the Technical Manager.
Capacities describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities that we ask all members of our organization to demonstrate in their respective roles. They comprise three main categories: organizational capacities expected of all members, management capacities expected of each member in a management position, and departmental capacities expected of members in their specific positions. In addition, successfully performing your role within your specific team requires certain departmental capacities illustrated through the following skills and competencies:
- Communication: You communicate effectively with team members and clients both verbally and in written formats. You tailor your speaking and presentation to your audience, meeting people where they are and translating from technical language into terms people will understand. You think through material for meetings and presentations in advance and organize materials in a logical flow to convey the information you intend in an accessible way.
- Continuous Learning: You display curiosity and eagerness by building your skill set through experience on projects and engaging in self-directed learning. You take responsibility for your own growth and development by constantly seeking to improve and proactively learning new skills. You share what you know with your colleagues and are honest about what you don’t know.
- Solutions Orientation: You anticipate potential obstacles and client needs, proactively heading off problems before they occur whenever possible and navigating how to say either yes or no to clients. When a problem does arise, you present your analysis and recommended solutions or proposals for how to move forward in addition to identifying or describing the problem itself. You troubleshoot, break complex situations and challenges into manageable parts, and draw on your experience to know the proper paths to follow to solve a problem. You acknowledge when you don’t know something and take steps to figure it out, including seeking additional resources and asking for support.
- Strategy: You seek to understand our clients, their work, and how they do that work. You are creative and thoughtful in the deliverables you develop because you care about their audiences and users. You understand the ’why’ behind our projects and integrate it into effective technical deliverables that help our clients create positive social change.
Project Work (80%):
- Collaborate closely with the design team to enhance the overall design experience
- Think deeply about tools and frameworks to create flexible design systems
- Serve as the front-end developer for web-based projects as well as support retainer development tasks for existing clients
- Build high-quality prototypes for client demonstration
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Conduct quality assurance, testing, and proofing on project deliverables
- Assist with technical solutions discovery on projects
- Train/educate clients as needed
Collaborative Learning and Project Management (20%):
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external project team members
- Collaborate closely with and provide technical guidance to team members and clients
- Regularly consult with team members on code deliverables to ensure work meets project requirements before sharing with the client
- For senior roles, manage junior team members.
- For junior roles, assist in researching and establishing methodologies, frameworks, and other technical strategies
At Teal, we have each other’s backs. This means occasionally taking on responsibilities, tasks, and special projects that are not a core part of your job description. No one is above any task. We are all committed to helping each other to succeed as a whole. In the words of Minnesota Senator Paul Wellstone, “We all do better when we all do better.”
Salary & Level
Teal Media is committed to equity and transparency when it comes to salary and the growth of our people. This role is open to both level 2T and 3T in our progression framework and is determined by the candidate’s unique background and experience.
- Official Title: Senior Front-End Developer
- Department: Development
- Salary Range: $100,000-$130,000
- Official Title: Front-End Developer
- Department: Development
- Salary Range: $90,000-$120,000
Make a positive impact on mission-driven organizations and nonprofits while working in a fun, collaborative, and flexible environment. We’re a nimble, close-knit group that values teamwork and individual contribution. All our positions are remote (in the US), but we work to maintain a fun and engaging company culture.
- Work from home (or at the beach!)
- Professional Development Coaching
- Yearly Continuing Education Stipend
- Eligibility for bi-annual bonuses
- Flexible Time Off and Unlimited Sick Leave
- Compassionate Leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company 401(k) with match
- Flexible working hours
- Flex Fridays - a day dedicated to self-directed work. Spend time working on the things you want - whether it be honing in on your craft or taking off a few hours early for your mental wellness!