Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrive is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Our Siemens Grid Software team works to accelerate and secure the energy transition. We ensure a reliable, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing, and all-electrifying energy world. No matter where power comes from or where it must go, we ensure it makes its way – every step of the way. Over 70% of the world’s electricity flows through infrastructure planned or analyzed by Siemens Grid Solutions.
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Grid Software team. This is a remote position based near Charlotte or Raleigh NC, or Fairfax VA.
You’ll make an impact as you:
- Support Month-end, quarter-end and year-end activities & ongoing reporting including: Productivity, P&L / Balance Sheet reviews, Margin analysis, Journal Entries, and backlog reporting, prepare monthly commentary to explain variances between actual results and/or budget or forecasts
- Proactively assist cross-functional teams (Project Management, Sales, etc.) with analysis for revenues/sales and costs
- Contribute to strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting, as well as analyze actual results to plan and prior performance.
- Develop and maintain management reporting and routine business analysis, prepare ad-hoc analysis, and provide special project support as needed.
- Manage and improve processes from Order to Cash receipt.
You’ll win us over by having the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment and manage tight deadlines, attention to detail, strong skills in working with large sets of data to understand complex models and create business insights.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in finance and / or accounting roles.
- Experience in financial reporting, technical accounting, and process improvement required, with detailed knowledge of financial planning and data analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of IFRS 15 / US GAAP ASC 606 Revenue Recognition – Percentage of Completion (PoC) and Completed Contract Method (CCM)
- Proficient with Excel (Pivot, V-Lookup) and SAP (FI, CO).
- Great written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Ability to travel 5% domestically.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization (current U.S.-based Siemens employees with visas will be considered).
- Master of Business Administration
- Multinational software/SaaS professional services organization experience preferred.
- Experience with digitalization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI or similar)
You’ll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
- The salary range for this position is $63,700 - $133,400. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications, and premium geographic location.
Create a better #TomorrowWithUs
We are a global technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to sustainable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, we create technology with purpose adding real value for customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We value your unique identity and perspective. We are fully committed to providing equitable opportunities and building a workplace that reflects the diversity of society. Come bring your authentic self and create a better tomorrow with us. Learn more about our commitment to DEI here.
Protecting the environment, conserving our natural resources, fostering the health and performance of our people as well as safeguarding their working conditions are core to our social and business commitment at Siemens. They are an integral part of our Business Conduct Guidelines and our corporate strategy.