Altera, a new member of the N. Harris Computer Corporation family, delivers health IT solutions that support caregivers around the world. These include the Sunrise™, Paragon®, Altera TouchWorks®, Altera Opal, STAR™, HealthQuest™ and dbMotion™ solutions. At the intersection of technology and the human experience, Altera Digital Health is driving a new era of healthcare, in which innovation and expertise can elevate care delivery and inspire healthier communities across the globe. A new age in healthcare technology has just begun.
Provides support, maintenance, and monitoring of the corporate network infrastructure including hardware and related protocols. Processes network infrastructure requests and serves as the final escalation point for all networking issues, incidents, and major outages. Owns, plans, executes, and documents multiple concurrent complex technical projects from concept to completion.
Serves as an owner and SME of a network specialty domain.
This is a remote role in the US.
- Configures, maintains, and operates routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, load balancers, VOIP equipment, and monitoring tools.
- Installs physical equipment, connects cabling, dresses communications racks, powers devices per provided documentation.
- Oversees the proactive monitoring of the network infrastructure via monitoring tools and delegates alerts in a timely manner when possible.
- Mentors, coaches, and knowledge shares with junior associates and peers
- Acts as a final escalation point for all issues, incidents, and major outages.
- Independently processes routine requests for network services, access, and documentation.
- Independently troubleshoots and resolves major incidents, runs outage bridges, and seeks root cause analysis for complex network issues.
- Independently owns and is a subject matter expert in a network specialty domain such as firewalls, VOIP, datacenter technologies, load balancers, cloud networking, wireless, packet analysis, networking tools (DNAC, PRTG, ISE, etc.), low voltage design, MPLS, or route/switch.
- Independently owns multiple concurrent network infrastructure projects from concept to completion including requirements gathering, implementation, turn up, testing, and hand off of the technology solution to the business.
- Independently owns major network infrastructure projects from concept to completion including requirements gathering, delegation of tasks to peers, implementation, reporting to senior leadership, turn up, testing, and hand off of the technology solution to the business.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent/years of experience required.
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) – Required
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – Required
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – Required
- ITIL Foundations – Required
- Security+ - Preferred
- 7+ years relevant work experience; 2-3 years at the Senior level or equivalent experience
- 2-4 relevant work experience with specialist technology domain
- Ability to work collaboratively with and/or temporarily lead a team and receive constructive feedback from senior engineers
- Ability to provide excellent customer service when working directly with users that may not be technical
- Ability to provide mentoring, coaching, and knowledge share in a constructive manner to junior associates and peers
- Ability to own multiple concurrent projects from concept to completion including requirements gathering, documentation, implementation, testing, turn up, and hand over
- Ability to own a major project from concept to completion including requirements gathering, leading of peers, documentation, implementation, reporting to senior leadership, testing, turn up, and hand over
- Subject matter expert in one or more network specialty domain: firewalls, VOIP, datacenter technologies, load balancers, cloud networking, wireless, packet analysis, networking tools (DNAC, PRTG, ISE, etc.), low voltage design, MPLS, or route/switch
- Expert knowledge of IP addressing, MAC addressing, packet analysis, and VLANs
- Expert knowledge of network routing protocols OSPF, iBGP, eBGP and switching protocols STP, RSTP, PVSTP, LACP
- Very strong knowledge of vendor management, equipment (Cisco, Aruba, Arista), low voltage cabling standards, and working with ISPs
- Very strong knowledge of wireless networking and either firewalls, VOIP, datacenter technologies, load balancers, or cloud networking
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Standard work week or as defined by assignment requirements
- Primarily works in a remote environment
- May require after-hours, on-call support and/or holidays
- On-call and after hours work during peak times including end of month/quarter/year; during this time PTO is limited to meet business needs
Altera complies with all local/state regulations in regards to displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed below and are specifically for those potential hires who will perform work in or reside in the location(s) listed, if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD, technology), for example.