Random Bit LLC provides expert Information Technology (IT) consulting services to state governments. We have established ourselves as a specialty consultancy company that provides outstanding technical consulting services in enterprise architecture, solution architecture, information security, cloud transformation, and compliance framework solutions.
We are currently guiding a large customer through a complex change initiative that involves redesigning a legacy on-prem custom business application to the AWS cloud using cloud-native technologies.
The Enterprise Architect has a strong technical background and ability to work across the enterprise with business and technology to develop solutions to meet the needs of the business within the Enterprise Architecture guidelines. Your job will be to create an overview of assets, business and IT processes, business development strategies and other internal functions to establish and implement changes that will increase operational sustainability and prepare for future solution expansion.
You will be working with Solution Architects and must have experience and skills with integration architectures, architectural patterns, and Service Oriented Architecture within the context of Health and Human Services. Medicaid is experience is preferable.
We require great skills in negotiation, presentation, collaboration and relationship management to be able to develop solutions that meet the needs of the business addressing key strategic initiatives while delivering high performing integrated solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recommends and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) including design processes, architectural artifact requirements, and architectural best practices. The Enterprise Architect leads the extended team in a collaborative manner, while driving to timelines and outputs.
- Recommends and participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans and delivery roadmaps, to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives, adjusting and refining as necessary.
- Recommends and participates in the design and implementation of standards, tools and methodologies, and then leads adoption.
- Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption. Takes responsibility for effective communications artifacts to help general understanding of the concepts and their applicability and value.
- Effectively collaborates with projects to review the objectives and constraints of each solution across the Medicaid enterprise and determines conformance with the EA, SOA, and software engineering patterns. Recommends and explains the most suitable technical architecture and defines the solution at a high level.
- Ensures that technology solutions are properly secured, according to Identity Management and Access Control standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years enterprise architecture experience
- Highly knowledgeable on applicable industry and government standards and frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL, ISO standards, FEA, MITA, etc.
- Experience with developing architecture models in the Health and Human Services sector, using industry standard tools and notations (e.g SparxEA, ArchiMate)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture in the Health and Human Services sector
- Desired - Experience working with Big Data and NoSQL technologies.
- Desired - Experience with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) in the Medicaid context.
- Desired – Experience with Identity, Credentials and Access Management technologies.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to collaborate closely with others; ability to prevent or reduce conflict
- Full-time, W2 with competitive salary and benefits. No Corp to Corp (C2C) or 1099 employees.
- Remote, with Eastern Standard Time work hours