We at the Craneware Group, including Sentry Data Systems and Agilum Healthcare Intelligence, are transforming the business of healthcare by providing actionable insights to our customers. We are seeking talented, innovative and collaborative individuals to join our team of over 750 employees to drive the expansion of our SaaS-based platform and applications.
Together, nearly half of registered US hospitals are now our customers.
Our products impact:
- More than 2,000 U.S. hospitals and health systems
- Almost 10,000 clinics and retail pharmacies
- Customers operating with a financial impact of nearly half a trillion dollars
- Data sets from customers covering more than 150 million unique patients
Craneware is looking for a passionate Data Engineering Manager that is excited about working with Big Data technology to drive improvements in the US-based healthcare market. We are growing a team of strong thinkers and innovators that are willing to work closely with product and customer-facing teams to design and develop new applications in the Cloud.
We are expanding our current platform and SaaS product offerings by using cutting edge technology to process very large data sets that will provide actionable insights for our customers. Architecting our solutions with a best of breed approach to technology, the .NET platform is leveraged in order to provide the necessary scale and rapidly bring products to market. Innovative, collaborative, and agile are critical skills that our engineering team members must possess in our environment.
You will be responsible for developing high quality, data solutions, prototypes and scalable data processing pipelines to support the development of The Craneware Group’s Data Operations, Machine Learning models and complex data analysis as well as provide line management for Data Engineers and Software Engineers on the Data Science and Innovation team.
You Will Be
- Keep up to date with technical advances to drive innovation, and company objectives as a data-driven organization
- Review peer code against development standards to ascertain high quality and consistency
- Develop scalable and automated data cleansing, data processing, and data analysis pipelines
- Rapidly develop high quality innovative software prototypes and visualizations
- Work within an Agile delivery team to contribute to the design and development of software releases using the Craneware Application Lifecycle Management (CALM) methodology.
- Design well architected, maintainable solutions using appropriate design principles for example design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Investigate and resolve software defects to provide timely resolutions.
- Ensure sufficient code coverage of deliverables by the use of automated tests.
- Contribute towards defining Engineering and Data Engineering Software Standards and Best Practices.
- Review peer code against development standards to ensure high quality code and consistency.
- Work with product management to provide technical solutions to meet product requirements.
- Provide technical leadership by supporting, training and mentoring Data and Software Engineers
- Lead process and standard improvements, such as CALM.
- Participate in technical recruitment.
- Keep up to date with technical advances to drive innovation.
You Will Bring
- Educated to Bachelor Degree level with 5+ years commercial experience working in a data intensive Software Development or Data Engineering role. Degree(s) should be in a technical discipline such as Data Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Math, quantitative social science
- Familiarity with healthcare data, especially EDI 837 / 835 or HL7
- Working knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools (e.g. TFS or Jira)
- Experience with SQL relational databases as well as big data: the Hadoop ecosystem, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Flink, elastic search
- Ability to analyse and solve technical problems
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to target audience
- Good understanding of the use of source control
- Frequent user of cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Good understanding of software architecture
- Thorough understanding of Big Data technology landscape
- Proven track record in designing and building quality and massively scalable software solutions.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in multiple area of software engineering, with a basic awareness of additional core areas.
- An in-depth understanding of automated testing methods and their application.
- Working knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools (e.g., TFS or Jira).
- In-depth understanding of Craneware Application Lifecycle Management methodology and Craneware software standards.
- 1+ years’ experience in one or more database technologies (e.g., SQL, non-relational) including data modelling and performance.
- An in-depth understanding of software principles for example SOLID principles and design patterns and how to apply them.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members within a Craneware Agile Delivery team.
- Proven experience in mentoring less experienced developers and Data Engineers
- Awareness of release management processes and tools.