The Engineering Manager is a key member of the Engineering Management team, guiding his team of software developers and test automation engineers to successfully build and ship software and solutions efficiently, on time, and with a low number of defects.
You will coordinate projects and supervise teams doing people management, planning, and orchestrating the work for consistent and efficient product delivery.
The Engineering Manager comes from a software and product engineering background has a strong engineering mindset and excels in building high-performing teams.
- Independently lead one or multiple software development teams to successfully deliver software and solutions.
- Drive hiring activities, and ensure the team is healthy and performing at the highest possible level.
- Manage team members’ expectations, performance, and level of happiness. Helping team members grow, mentor, and guide the career development of their direct reports.
- Lead the annual OKR setting, performance evaluation, and talent management procedures by providing clear expectations, regular feedback, direction, and coaching.
- Work closely with their product partners to prioritize and scope work, understand the requirements defined by the product management, and is responsible for clearly defining and communicating the priorities, making sure their team works on the right things.
- Involved with most of the team’s stakeholders: both with other engineering managers, product managers, QA, and other functions. Work in close cooperation with the teams in order to achieve milestones and product goals.
- Follow and adjust the right processes for the team’s maturity level, balancing agility and discipline, and share best practices across the engineering management team.
- Champion a remote-only, collaborative, outcome-oriented culture, continuously listen to feedback, improve organizational and team effectiveness, and foster innovation.
- Understand implementation details and give advice on best practices to developers and testers.
- 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager with a people management focus
- Hands-on experience in the field of software development engineering (coding, testing, debugging, profiling, etc.) Comfortable working on the command line and not afraid to submit a merge request or modify a build job.
- Growing, coaching, mentoring, and providing feedback to team members including difficult conversations as well as developing individuals and helping them with their career goals.
- Building and working in high-performance agile software development teams.
- Building processes and organizational structures to support highly effective teams.
- Demonstrated project and software engineering management experience and skills.
- Business-oriented growth mindset and experience working in a growing organization with the ability to add value in a changing environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency with tools supporting the SDLC such as issue trackers, version control systems, CI/CD, build toolchains, debuggers, code analyzers, profilers, test automation tools, etc.
Qualification: BSc/MSc degree in Information Technology or similar.
Leadership qualities: engaged with growing team members, outcome-oriented, stakeholder perspective
Personal qualities: self-drive, critical thinking, innovation, strong time management, reliable team player, clarity and visibility in communication, intercultural awareness
Professional experience (years): minimum 5 years
Language: Fluent English skills (oral and written)