Huckleberry’s purpose is to create life-changing products and experiences through fresh, beautiful, human-centered technology that brings health, well-being, and a bit of magic to every family.
We combine Data, AI, and Behavioural Science to build products that are at the cutting edge of tech today.
The app has 4.9 stars, garnering rave reviews from people who call it “life-changing” and their “#1 recommendation to parents”.
We are rapidly growing and building new products to enable every family to thrive.
About the Role
As the Director of Data Science, you will collaborate across departments (including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and domain experts) to create amazing features and products that leverage data, machine learning, and AI to impact the lives of families. The Director of Data Science is responsible for bringing technical solutions to challenges discovered through user research and unlocking new product opportunities made possible by recent advances in ML and AI.
This role requires strong technical skills, an eye for detail, experience delivering high-quality digital products to millions of users, and an ability to drive projects forward. Join Huckleberry to be a key player in improving the day-to-day lives of families around the world.
This role reports to the CTO and leads a small team of data scientists.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage and lead the data science team covering machine learning, artificial intelligence, and predictive analytics
- Collaborate with product managers, domain experts, and parents to translate complex problems into simple, magical, user focussed solutions
- Work with business leaders and the team to define and execute our roadmap
- Experiment and build new predictive and recommendation models that further personalize recommendations and improve efficacy
- Leverage our unique dataset of families from more than 100 countries and diverse demographics to create solutions accessible to everyone for every situation
- Translate high-level product requirements into detailed specifications for frontend, backend, and database and cloud engineers
- 5+ years of experience using Python for machine learning in a commercial setting
- 3+ years of experience building AI-driven recommendation systems
- 2+ years of people management experience
- M.S. or Ph. D. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, or a related field
- Experience using AWS or GCP to create data pipelines, build new models, and deploying to mission-critical applications
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record using AI/ML to create new and unique products
- Proactive, willing to try new things, and gets things done in a startup environment
Nice to have
- Experience working on a consumer-facing product making advanced algorithms accessible to everyone
- A passion for children and family wellness, with the understanding that every family is different, and one size does not fit all
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range $190,000 - $220,000 dependent on experience
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- 401k match