Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally-focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer Prize-winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes The USA TODAY NETWORK, which includes USA TODAY, and local media organizations in 43 states in the United States, and Newsquest, a wholly-owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom. We also own digital marketing services companies under the brand LocaliQ, which provide a cloud-based platform of products to enable small and medium-sized businesses to accomplish their marketing goals. In addition, our portfolio includes one of the largest media-owned events businesses in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
Gannett open roles are featured on various external job boards. When applying to a position at Gannett, you should be completing an application on Gannett Careers via Dayforce. Job postings directing you to complete an application on other external sites may not be valid.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
This position will advise our clients on how best to leverage current and emerging digital marketing solutions to meet their business objectives. Manage digital ad campaign lifecycles, including optimization, custom reporting, and recommendation of needed improvements to deliver optimal results. Partners with sales and support teams by providing insightful plan and prepare audits, managing performance goals, and providing upsell opportunities to achieve customer expectations. Drives results to support customer retention. Builds revenue through superior campaign and customer relationship management.
Primary Job Duties:
- Provides expert product knowledge support to sales team through deep understanding of digital advertising marketplace.
- Collaborates with Sales, Support, and Client Strategy teams to strategize, plan, and execute campaigns with appropriate metrics to meet client goals.
- Monitors performance of assigned active campaigns.
- Optimizes assigned campaigns to meet client expectations through artwork, targeting and placement adjustments.
- Provides regular reporting updates about performance of campaigns to Account Executives (AEs) and Client Success Managers (CSMs).
- Builds regular performance reports designed to “tell the story” of the campaign.
- Identifies upsell and cross sell product recommendations to achieve client goals.
- Delivers pre-sale audits and identifies gaps in client’s digital marketing footprint.
- Uses analytics tools to gain deeper understanding of campaign follow-through.
- Processes advanced digital campaigns.
- Sets up campaign tracking code and works with other Digital Marketing Experts (DMEs) to maintain ongoing list of tracked campaigns.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Uses Salesforce, Madmin Search/XMO Dashboard, Client Center and other tools daily.
- Maintain ongoing list of assigned campaign reporting data and work with other DMEs to identify performance trends to establish best practices for advanced digital campaigns.
- Effectively manage workflows and multiple projects in a timely manner to meet deadlines. Proactively initiates projects as needed to support sales team.
- Partners with external teams and vendors (PandoLogic, Recruitology, ReachLocal, Central Ad Ops) for tasks including troubleshooting campaign problems, performance reporting, and other functions related to optimization of sold advertising plans.
- Consistently communicates with CSMs, AEs, and all internal departments to resolve issues as they pertain to campaign fulfillment (delivery in full) and optimization.
- Works with fellow DMEs to balance workload. Notifies supervisor of potential work overload or future scheduling issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (i.e. General Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations) or comparable experience/training
- 2+ years hands-on experience with account management with online/digital advertising campaigns, preferably Google/Social Ads
- Knowledge of web analytics and how to interpret website traffic data
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to data detail with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Thrives in under pressure and can multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Self-directed, open to coaching, and willing to work with others toward a common goal
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $45,000 and $93,150. Variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, location, and union representation, if applicable