Join one of the nation’s leading and most impactful health care performance improvement companies. Over the years, Health Catalyst has achieved and documented clinical, operational, and financial improvements for many of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations. We are also increasingly serving international markets. Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Role: DevOps Engineering Manager
Team: CIE - Foundations
Location: US Remote
Travel: <5%, US
Reporting to: Senior Director of Engineering, Centralized Infrastructure Engineering
Positions Supervised: 3-4
Who you are:
- You are a servant leader that jumps in and helps teams solve complex problems. You appropriately delegate responsibility to your team members, so that they can both contribute their expertise to the product and have opportunities to gain experience and improve.
- You lead by example, sharing in the work and responsibilities you ask your team members to bear. You network and collaborate with others inside and outside of your group to solve complex problems that cross organizational boundaries.
- You invest time and effort to learn about new and changing technologies.
- You make your team better by mentoring others, constructively reviewing Pull Requests, testing software, and providing support.
- You learn about the big picture, including how your software is used and how it fits into the company strategy. You foster a team culture where people express their opinions, even when they disagree with the rest of the group.
- You are enthusiastic about making the world a better place by building great solutions.
What you will own:
- You will lead a team of cloud engineers living DevOps principles through the design, development, deployment and support of products and features.
- You will own and contribute to the design and development of infrastructure components of the Health Catalyst data platform around identity, cloud architecture, and scaled engineering.
- You will implement vendor-agnostic and centralized solutions that support distributed infrastructure groups throughout Health Catalyst.
- You will provide support for the systems owned by your team, including participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- You will understand and contribute to cloud-native designs and strategies for the broader organization.
- You will manage the performance of your team members, including helping them continually improve and addressing performance issues when they arise.
- You will perform people management functions such as conducting regular 1:1s with existing team members, hiring new team members, and approving expenses.
- You will establish and maintain a team culture including hard-work, humility, and cooperation.
Experience you will need:
- Cloud architecture
- Modern identity solutions
- Scaled engineering solutions.
- Multi-cloud PaaS solutions
- Working knowledge and passion for design patterns and principles
- A strong history of team collaboration
Technologies, tools, and languages you may use and interact with here:
- Architecture Experience
- Developer Tools
- Multi-cloud PaaS solutions
- Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst. At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
Studies show that candidates from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for roles if they don’t have 100% of the qualifications shown in the job posting. While each of our roles have core requirements, please thoughtfully consider your skills and experience and decide if you are interested in the position. If you feel you may be a good fit for the role, even if you don’t meet all of the qualifications, we hope you will apply. If you feel you are lacking the core requirements for this position, we encourage you to continue exploring our careers page for other roles for which you may be a better fit.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.