Building and executing a great investment strategy shouldn’t require a PhD, nor a million dollar budget. It should be simple. The wealth management industry is rapidly evolving, and tech solutions like YCharts are paving the way for advisors and planners to scale their businesses.
YCharts enables its customers to make smarter investment decisions and better communicate with their prospects and clients. Our cloud-based software provides investment advisors, wealth managers, asset managers and retail investors with powerful research tools, comprehensive data, compelling visuals, and customizable sales collateral.
Thanks to our best-in-breed software and unparalleled support, YCharts has transitioned from a fintech startup to a thriving growth company (Inc. 5000 Honor Roll 7x Fastest Growing Company) in the burgeoning “wealth-tech” space. YCharts proudly services industry-leading names such as John Hancock, TD Ameritrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
Are you a mid-senior level DevOps engineer who loves building and maintaining reliable, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure? Do you have experience with AWS, Github Actions, Linux, Terraform, and Ansible? If so, you might be the perfect fit for our team!
We are a fast-growing software company that delivers high-quality solutions to our clients. We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join our DevOps team and help us improve our infrastructure and deployment pipelines. You will work closely with development teams to ensure the smooth integration and deployment of code. You will also have the opportunity to own processes, learn new technologies, and grow your skills as an early member of our team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing and implementing strategies to enhance developer productivity, such as shortening build times and improving automated checks
- Managing and enhancing our cloud infrastructure across multiple AWS accounts
- Ensuring the reliability and availability of our applications by diagnosing and fixing deployment and uptime issues in collaboration with other engineers
- Optimizing the performance and scalability of various systems by applying best practices and techniques
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar or adjacent role
- Proficiency in AWS services such as IAM, EC2, S3, ALB, Lambda, RDS, VPC, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux administration and shell scripting
- Familiarity with at least one programming language, preferably Python
- Skills in using Terraform and Ansible for infrastructure as code and configuration management
- Desire to take ownership and responsibility when a problem or opportunity arises
- Self-organization and ability to drive cross-functional efforts
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Experience using Github Actions for continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with networking, MySQL, DataDog, and Docker
- Base salary range: $140,000 - $160,000 annually
- This position is also eligible for an annual bonus based on individual and team goals and company performance.
- 7x Inc. 5000 “Fastest Growing Companies”
- American Banker’s "Best Fintechs to Work For"
- Built in Chicago’s “??Best Places to Work” and “Best Small Company to Work For”
- Inc.’s “Best Places to Work”
- Inc.’s “Top Regionals: Midwest”
- Crain’s "Best Places to Work in Chicago"
- InvestmentNews’ "Biggest Fintech Innovations"
- Technology Tools for Today & Inside Information’s “Top Tool Advisors Are Thinking About Adding”
- Kitces Report’s “Investment Data” market leader, #1 most-adopted in the last year, #2 in market share
- Business Intelligent Group’s “Best Places to Work”
- Hired’s “Top Employers Winning Tech Talent”
Perks & Rec:
- Chicago (River North) & NY (Chelsea) offices with flexible remote options
- 100% Employer-covered medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid parental leave
- Generous PTO including Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Days and “Celebration Days”
- DEI commitment
- Continued education via “Starbucks and Study”
- Summer hours— we head out early during the warm months!
In- Office Perks:
- Weekly Grubhub credits for in-office lunches
- Rotating selection of high-quality coffees
- Craft beer, kombucha, and cold brew on tap
- Snacks and drinks to get you through the day
- Opportunity to join team leagues like kickball
- Fun company outings including an annual celebration in Chicago, Whirlyball, community service, baseball games and happy hours!
YCharts provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
At YCharts, we feel strongly that respect and inclusion are essential ingredients for creativity, innovation, and success. While we know there’s more work to be done to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re proud of our success thus far and excited for the journey to come. Want to help us?