RevenueCat makes building, analyzing, and growing mobile subscriptions easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator's summer 2018 batch and today are handling more than $2B of in-app purchases annually across thousands of apps.
We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the standard for mobile subscription infrastructure. Top apps like VSCO, Notion, and ClassDojo count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 60 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco to Madrid to Taipei. We're a close-knit, product-driven team, and we strive to live our core values: Customer Obsession, Always Be Shipping, Own It, and Balance.
We’re looking for a Developer Support Engineer to help provide a great experience for developers integrating the RevenueCat SDK into their apps. As a member of our support engineering team, you’ll work directly with Engineering and Product to create an excellent developer experience and achieve our mission of helping developers make more money.
- You have at least 2 years experience in an engineering or technical role.
- You have an understanding of the mobile development and release process.
- You have experience in either iOS (Swift / Objective-C) or Android (Java / Kotlin)
- You have an interest in "wearing many hats," doing what it takes to help developers every day.
- You have experience debugging code issues utilizing stack traces. You will be identifying why apps aren’t working, often with limited information.
- You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills: You will be writing, presenting to and speaking with developers and colleagues daily.
- You have empathy for developers and their development/learning process: we usually hear from developers at their lowest and need to be understanding.
- You have a demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills.
- You’re able to overlap your core working hours with Central Time Zone.
- Bonus points if you’ve used RevenueCat before or have shipped your own app.
In the first month, you'll:
- Learn the common frustrations our customers have, and help them ship their apps
- Make improvements to our docs and support articles
- Work with engineering to untangle complex tickets
Within the first 3 months, you'll:
- Make product suggestions that will improve the developer experience and reduce support
- Build internal apps to test and reproduce issues
- Work directly with customers to assist with onboarding and solution engineering
Within the first 6 months, you'll:
- Identify key problem areas for developers and make targeted improvements that help developers
- Improve and create internal tools and dashboards for support and other internal processes
- Make significant contributions to the support process that helps you and your teammates be more efficient
Within the first 12 months, you'll:
- Develop a super-hero like intuition for the root causes of tickets and become an expert troubleshooter
- Interview, hire and mentor additional support engineers
- Discover new and unexpected ways to delight developers with our support experience
What we offer:
- $107,000 USD Salary regardless of your location
- Competitive equity in a fast-growing, Series B startup backed by top tier investors including Y Combinator
- 10 year window to exercise vested equity options
- Fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- Suggested 4 to 5 weeks time off to recharge and focus on mental, physical, and emotional health
- $2,000 USD to build your personal workspace
- $1,000 USD annual stipend for your continuous learning and growth