BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world’s most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
BitMEX was one of the first crypto exchanges for derivatives. It exists to provide institutional and professional traders with a platform that caters to their needs.
BitMEX created the Perpetual Swap, the most popular crypto trading product in history. It is the only major global exchange that continues to create new cryptocurrency derivative products, most recently, the ETH Staking Swap.
On BitMEX, users can trade cryptocurrency derivatives on a professional trading platform that provides low latency, deep liquidity and constant availability. Since 2014, no cryptocurrency has been lost through intrusion or hacking, allowing BitMEX users to trade safely in the knowledge that their funds are secure. Spot trading is also supported, as well as the purchase and conversion of cryptocurrency - BitMEX supports 45+ derivatives contracts, 11 pairs for spot trading and the ability for users to convert 30+ cryptocurrencies.
We are looking for individuals who are determined, responsible and collaborative to join BitMEX as we continue to build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem. We value attention to detail, speed and simplicity. As a global business operating a 24/7 exchange, we seek out those who are independent, adaptable and want to work in a work-life integrated manner..
We are looking for a Detection and Response Engineer to join us in the Security Response Team here at BitMEX. If you have a keen eye for detail and believe that successful Security Response activities begin with proactive hunting and competent engineering, we want to talk to you.
This is a remote position for the Central Europe regions. Occasional overnight and weekend on-calls are required for this role.
- Responsible for threat detection and monitoring of high fidelity security alerts (that you will have a hand in defining)
- Perform Incident Response activities to resolve security incidents and minimize risk for the organization
- Identify security gaps and implement constant improvements to our security stack
- Communicate effectively with lines of business and clients to address complex information security issues
- 4+ years of experience working in a Security Operations role and experience handling security incidents from triage to remediation
- Experience with dealing with a SIEM tool such as Splunk or ELK
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Strong knowledge of Security frameworks such as Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK and how they can be used to understand and defend against cyber attacks.
- Familiar with shell scripting, or another scripting language such as Python
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Those will more experience will be considered for a Senior Detection and Response Engineer position