TherapyNotes is the national leader in web-based behavioral health practice management and electronic health records software for private practices, psychologists, therapists, counselors, social workers and psychiatrists. Our software-as-a-service solution integrates patient scheduling, medical records, billing and electronic claims to streamline the way mental health professionals manage their practice.
TherapyNotes offers careers that provide you with the freedom to do amazing work, interact with great people, and offer fantastic learning and growth opportunities. Our team empowers and challenges each other to learn and solve complex problems. We build and manage web applications with a strong emphasis in healthcare. If you are looking to join a supportive team, use your leadership experience, and build great products, please submit your application.
Our growing team is located remotely and on-site at our 30,000 square foot corporate headquarters in Horsham, PA!
TherapyNotes is seeking an experienced database professional to join our growing team. The right candidate will have extensive experience with PostgreSQL databases, both on-premise and in the cloud. They will be comfortable working in a highly collaborative, DevOps culture working across the technology organization.
- BS degree in Information Systems, Data Engineering, Data Sciences or equivalent
- 3+ years experience with relational database administration
- 3+ years experience administering highly-available PostgreSQL databases
- Proficiency in Linux-based PostgreSQL RDBMS database administration, architecture, concepts, features, and high-availability technologies
- Proficiency in data science principles such as warehousing, business intelligence reporting, and predictive analytics
- Proficiency in query optimization, indexing knowledge, modeling basics, materialized views, triggers, stored procedure development, and partitioning
- Proficiency in SQL and experience in any scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, Python)
- Experience with .NET database clients using NpgSQL a plus
- Proficiency with DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) strategies, and variable workload (container) orchestration
- Proficiency with ITIL and/or ITSM principles
- Displays an entrepreneurial instinct for identifying value and pragmatic solutions
- Ability to manage diverse activities simultaneously, delivering on commitments and operating with speed, accuracy and strong judgment
- Ability to operate independently as well as influence across the technology organization
- Strong project management skills and detail oriented
- Responsible for implementing, and maintaining critical database systems (PostgreSQL) which support a growing 24x7 SAAS platform
- Supports the ongoing database reporting and analytical needs of the organization
- Ensures the database design and operations support the availability, scalability, and recoverability needs of the business
- Performs tuning and capacity management to ensure the database meets the performance needs of the business
- Guides and provides direction to developers and engineers on database development, design principles, query optimization, and index management in a fully automated deployment pipeline
- Ensures all infrastructure solutions and operational activities adhere to the security and operating policies established by the organization
- Provides on-call coverage for production support and other duties as required
What are we passionate about?
- Developing automated engineering runbooks
- Treating infrastructure as code
- Cultivating a DevOps culture
- Improving site reliability through innovative, cloud-first architectures
- Competitive salary - $75,000-115,000/year
- Comp-time and flexible work hours
- Full health, life, disability, and dental insurance
- Retirement plan with company contribution
- Annual company profit sharing
- Personal development/training budget
- Open, collaborative work environment
- Extensive 2-week onboarding plan
- Comprehensive mentorship program
- Company provided refreshments