At Yardzen, we believe people are at their best when they’re outside.
We have a simple promise: help people envision the outdoor spaces of their dreams, all online, and then match them with the right local contractors to bring their design to life. Since our launch in 2018, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners achieve their dream yards, make environmentally responsible decisions, boost their property values and get more out of their outdoor spaces.
We are disrupting the $200 billion outdoor renovation industry. By leveraging technology and creating an innovative online process, we offer a more straightforward, transparent, and delightful design and build experience for the modern homeowner. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer, Fast Company Most Innovative Company, named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work, and written about by Architectural Digest, The New York Times, Sunset Magazine, House Beautiful, The Wall Street Journal, and Forbes. And we’re just getting started.
Yardzen is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as our first Data Scientist. As the founding Data Scientist, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our data strategy, establishing data practices, and driving innovation across the organization. You will partner cross-functionally to identify critical goals for the business, develop a deep understanding of them, and design scalable solutions. Your expertise in experimentation, analytics, and advanced modeling will directly impact Yardzen’s growth and success.
Our ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking and analytical skills, excellent communication abilities, and a knack for working across teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for product improvement. Utilize data analysis to optimize existing products, enhance user experiences, and drive feature development.
- Analyze user behavior data to understand how customers interact with our product. Identify patterns, trends, and opportunities to improve product usability and engagement.
- Develop tools to scale and automate analyses, improving productivity across the company.
- Develop statistical models and machine learning algorithms to analyze large data sets and identify opportunities to improve business performance.
- Build and maintain dashboards and reports that visualize data insights and performance metrics for the team.
- Inform the product/engineering roadmap through analysis of the marketplace, user behavior, and product trends
- 5+ years of experience in the Data Science field.
- Excellent verbal communication, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators.
- Proven experience in data analysis, statistical modeling, and machine learning.
- Proficient in a scripting language (ex. Python and R).
- Strong knowledge of data visualization tools (ex. Tableau, Power BI) and database systems.
- Experience with big data technologies (ex. Snowflake, Tensorflow, Spark, Jupyter Notebook, RStudio, Keras, SQL).
- Experience in machine learning.
- Familiarity with data security, privacy regulations, and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to drive data-driven decision-making in a business context
- Self-motivated, with a passion for continuous learning and staying up-to-date with data science trends.
- Comfortable and motivated by being the first in the role at Yardzen and excited for a start-up environment
At Yardzen, we’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunities to succeed. We are looking for people that will add to our culture, not just fit in. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, or veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!