Are you ready for an exciting opportunity to leverage your expert analytical and technical skills as a hands-on Data Scientist in our growing Data Science team? In this role, you’ll embark on an exhilarating journey where you’ll tackle a wide range of exciting challenges throughout our project’s entire lifecycle. From the initial phase of data sourcing and exploration to pivotal moments of model selection, validation, evaluation and deployment at scale, your biostatistics and mathematical background will be a key asset.
As our Data Scientist, you’ll have the opportunity to build innovative data models, develop groundbreaking data products, and deliver remarkable analysis using vast datasets relevant to the health care system in the United States.
Join our extraordinary team of sharp, witty, and dedicated colleagues who are deeply passionate about data and improving patient access to healthcare. If you’re a seasoned professional who can effortlessly collaborate with business stakeholders, translate their needs into technical solutions, and bring those solutions to life, this is the role for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Harness the potential of Phreesia’s massive and ever-growing datasets to create data products that provide actionable business insights.
- Pioneer cutting-edge clinical research on a mission-critical initiative to innovate healthcare while furthering our commitment to drive positive health outcomes.
- Use NLP techniques to parse, process, and structure textual data, improving the way we extract value from information.
- Develop efficient methods for classifying and characterizing patient populations, optimizing targeted engagement strategies on a grand scale.
- Take ownership of data products, carefully tracking their lifecycle from conception to implementation.
- Organize, visualize and present complex data in a compelling manner, using it to craft a narrative that informs and influences decision-making.
What You’ll Bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as data science, computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, computational linguistics, physics, etc with 5+ years of relevant work experience OR a MS/MA in a quantitative field with 2+ years of experience
- Excellent SQL Skills to manipulate and extract insights from complex data.
- Professional command of common Data Science toolsets in Python (data manipulation, data modelling, and general ML)
- Experience using NLP toolsets is required
- Experience with graph databases
- Experience contributing production-level code using version control
- Experience in using statistical principles, enabling you to make informed decisions through experimental design, significance test, A/B testing, and causal inference
Phreesia is a fully remote company, however, candidates located in ET and CT regions are given priority in the hiring process.
Base pay for US is $120,000 - $140,000 USD, depending on qualifications. In addition, Phreesia also offers equity as part of an attractive & comprehensive Total Rewards package.
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, we’re looking for smart and passionate people to help drive our mission of creating a better, more engaging healthcare experience. We’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in an ever-evolving landscape by transforming the way healthcare is delivered. Our SaaS platform digitizes appointment check-in and offers tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing, and enhance clinical care.
Phreesia cares about our employees by providing a diverse and dynamic work environment. We’re a five-time winner of Modern Healthcare Magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award and we’ve been recognized on the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index. We are dedicated to continuously improving our employee experience by launching new programs and initiatives. If you thrive in a culture of recognition, value inclusivity, professional development, and growth opportunities, Phreesia could be a great fit!
Top-rated Employee Benefits:
- 100% Remote work + home office expense reimbursements
- Competitive compensation + equity grants for all employees
- Flexible PTO + 8 company holidays
- Monthly reimbursement for cell phone + internet + wellness
- 100% Paid 12-week parental leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous parental benefit to our employees in Canada
- Variety of insurance coverage for people (and pets!)
- Continuing education and professional certification reimbursement
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity em