Get your career started at eHealth
eHealthInsurance has many exciting career opportunities in a number of locations, across various functions. Come join us today!
At eHealth we are passionate about expertly guiding consumers through their health insurance and related options, when, where and how they prefer. We are seeking an exceptional Data Scientist to join our growing team, which develops cutting-edge machine learning products and solutions to drive better and faster decision making within our company and to better serve our customers. This is a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative environment requiring quick learning, agility, and flexibility.
- Develop state of the art machine learning models and iterate to push the boundaries on what problems can be solved through data science
- Conduct open-ended data exploration to evaluate and solve complex problems, such as recommendation, call routing optimization, etc.
- Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle from requirements gathering, data acquisition and preparation, hypothesis generation, ideation, coding, testing, and deployment of data science product
- Develop and implement online and offline testing to test hypothesis
- Work with business partners and cross functional teams to identify opportunities for innovation
- Work closely with engineers to productionize models
- Help foster a culture of supporting business needs when needed by providing data-driven insights
- Bachler degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of industry experience in data science which includes building predictive or descriptive models and designing the associated metrics to evaluate these models
- 2+ years of experience in with Python and scripting languages (Unix shell) as well as solid experience with git
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experimentation design and evaluation, ranking and recommendation systems.
- Experience with ML frameworks, such as Scikit-learn, Spark ML, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL, experience with distributed systems (Snowflake, Spark), and NoSQL systems (MongoDB)
- Experience collaborate directly with cross functional team such as product, business stakeholders on collecting business requirement and presenting machine learning solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present technical solutions to non-technical audiences
The base pay range reflects the anticipated pay range for this position. The actual base pay offered will depend on various factors including individual skills, experience, performance, qualifications, the department budget, and the location where work is performed. Base pay is one component of eHealth’s total rewards package, which also includes an annual performance bonus, plus an array of benefits designed to support employees’ personal and professional wellness. For more information on our total rewards offerings, please visit our career site.
Base Pay Range -$89,800 - $112,200
eHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are interested in applying for employment with eHealth and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact us at: [email protected].