Common Securitization Solutions (CSS) is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join our team of talented professionals. This is a full-time remote opportunity.
CSS built and operates the largest and most advanced mortgage securitization platform in the world, supporting the Uniform Mortgage-Backed Security (UMBS) of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Supporting 70% of the mortgage-backed securities in the market, CSS provides best-in-class single-family issuance, bond administration, disclosure, and tax services. We support a broad portfolio of products for our clients with full lifecycle management.
Our market-leading, cloud-based, end-to-end platform executes transactions on an extraordinary scale which has bolstered liquidity in the secondary mortgage market, one of the largest and most important financial markets in the world. Our unique approach to securitization combines the best minds in financial services with the know-how, flexibility, and innovation of leading technologists.
As part of our Data Innovation & Product Team, the Data Scientist/Analyst serves as a domain owner of data science and analytics knowledge and practices, providing consultative and delivery services to Product, Data and Business Owners.
Key Job Functions
- Partners with Business, Data Delivery and Product teams to identify, design, develop, and execute experiments to improve AI/ML products or services.
- Defines success metrics for various AI/ML initiatives; analyzes data from experiments and/or simulation models to identify and quantify the impact of changes.
- Guides AI/ML adoption and roll out strategy by communicating the results of experiments to multiple stakeholders.
- Identifies dimensions and designs of experiments and create test and learn frameworks.
- Conducts exploratory data analysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inferences) on available data.
- Develops newer techniques (for example, advanced machine learning algorithms, auto ML) by leveraging the latest trends in machine learning and artificial intelligence to train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
- Evaluates and chooses the most appropriate analytical methods, concepts, and tools for a single project and/or entire area of investigation.
- Applies appropriate design and application of analytical process to gather and analyze applicable quantitative and data to diagnose challenges. Evaluates findings, examines areas of strengths and areas which require improvement. As the SME, validates the analyses and models conducted by developing staff.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring employer sponsorship currently or in the future. CSS does not offer H-1B sponsorship for this position.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with running simulations for experimental design.
- Experience in applying data science and machine learning to solve business problems.
- Experience working in a highly controlled, matrixed environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Have excellent organizational skills, time management skills and the ability to prioritize a full plate
- Partners well with peers, subordinates, managers and functional partners.