We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
As the Data Science Manager of the Forecasting team, you will drive development of forecasting systems at the center of inventory, promotions, pricing, and marketing decision-making across Thrasio’s extensive portfolio of omnichannel products. Partnering closely with experts in causal inference, pricing, optimization, and machine learning, you’ll help drive world class automated decision making through accurate and timely forecasts, a fundamental part of Thrasio’s long term success and continued market leadership.
- Partnering closely with the pricing, promotions, supply chain, and marketing science teams to integrate the causal impact of their business levers into your forecasts, creating a single source of truth for forward planning for the business
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners such as engineering, product management, and brand managers to build interfaces to your models, allowing for informed, tracked overrides of forecasts where business context is missing
- Driving strategic initiatives across the broader org as a leader at Thrasio
- Owning team development cycles, managing risk, and bringing stakeholders along for the ride
- Delivering and supporting production code driving business critical decision making systems
- Leveraging machine learning, statistical, and econometric time series techniques alongside hybrids of these to develop accurate, granular demand forecasts within a hierarchical product catalog context
What You Bring to the Party:
- ● Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative subject (i.e. computer science, economics, operations research, statistics, etc.) or a related field such as Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.
- 5+ years (Masters) or 3+ years (Ph.D.) of practical experience working in data science teams, 1+ years leading teams (ideally in e-commerce forecasting)
- Experience delivering robust and maintainable production codebases autonomously delivering data science models to downstream systems
- Experience in some of statistical/econometric time series modeling (ARIMA, Exponential Smoothing/ETS, GLMs/GAMs, Dynamic Factor Models, etc.), machine learning (XGBoost/LightGBM, RNNs, Transformers, etc.), or hybrid time series techniques (ES-RNN, N-BEATS, TFT)
- Proficiency in Python or R, SQL, Git
- Passion for driving outsized business impact through applied science, humility, and collaboration
Nice to Haves But Not Required:
- Experience in supply chain optimization, pricing, causal inference (to ease collaboration with partner teams)
- Familiarity with Databricks, Snowflake, Spark (or other forms of distributed computing)
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities, and our Thrasher Perks program with the opportunity to purchase products at cost
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape