Are you a US-based DataOps Engineer or Big Data Developer who wants to work with the latest Big Data technologies? Do you want to work remotely for a North American company as a member of their Data Ops Team? Can you help maintain cutting-edge Big Data solutions, managing and optimizing data pipelines for our customer’s on-prem systems and cloud enterprise Data Platforms ? Do you want to work on large-scale custom Big Data consulting projects? Can you work on call as an escalation point whenever our customers need us? If you have a passion for big data and solving complex problems then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Managing the operations of complex data pipelines.
- Translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed designs.
- Performing data processing requirements analysis.
- Performance tuning for batch and real-time data processing.
- Securing components of clients’ Big Data platforms.
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting of operational issues.
- Health checks and configuration reviews.
- Data pipeline development – ingestion, transformation, cleansing.
- Data flow integration with external systems.
- Integration with data access tools and products.
- Assisting application developers and advising on efficient data access and manipulations.
- Defining and implementing efficient operational processes.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Working closely with internal and customer development teams.
- Participating equally in your team’s regular on-call rotation, which will generally be one week per month alternating with the other members of the team. On-call services will be provided on a 24-hour basis and may be outside of your usual hours of work.
What do we need from you?
- Experience building data pipelines on-prem and/or in any public cloud (GCP Dataflow, Glue, Azure DataFactory, DBT, etc).
- Experience writing and managing ETL (Any popular tools will be great).
- Experience in data modeling, data design and persistence (e.g. warehousing, data marts, data lakes).
- Strong Knowledge of Big Data architectures and distributed data processing frameworks: Snowflake, Databricks, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive.
- Experience with Apache Airflow, Oozie and Nifi would be great.
- General knowledge of modern data centers and cloud infrastructure including server hardware, networking and storage.
- Experience and working knowledge of various development platforms, frameworks and languages such as Java, Python, Scala and SQL.
- Working knowledge of DevOps and SRE best practices.
- Willingness to work as part of a Data Ops team with a regular on-call rotation.
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute? Work remotely from your home, there’s no daily travel requirement to the office.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like.
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks paid time off, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days.
- Office Allowance: A device of your choosing and personalize your work environment.
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 400 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a Data Ops SRE; live in the PST timezone; love your data and want to love your career then join us!