Morning Consult is a global decision intelligence company changing how modern leaders make smarter, faster, better decisions. The company pairs its proprietary high-frequency data with applied artificial intelligence to better inform decisions on what people think and how they will act.
This role is available in any of our office locations or remote within the United States.
Morning Consult is looking to hire an experienced analyst/operator to help lead our partnerships with sample suppliers and data vendors. Specifically, you’ll be responsible for proactively reaching out to build relationships with vendors, monitoring and optimizing the health of existing data integrations, working with product and engineering to inform the product roadmap and informing business decisions around our data collection strategy.
Success in this role requires an energetic, persistent, and win-win approach to building relationships with external data providers. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast paced start-up environment in which they’re encouraged to take ownership and problem solve. Strong communication skills and a spirit of collaboration – with internal and external stakeholders alike – is critical for success. Experience analyzing data, exposure to data-intensive products or APIs, or working with product, engineering, and data science teams is preferred.
In this first-of-its-kind role at Morning Consult, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape Morning Consult’s data collection strategy more broadly. The multi-faceted set of responsibilities means that you’ll gain a broad set of experiences and regularly be part of executive-level decision-making.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Identifying, researching and building relationships with net new suppliers; helping drive negotiations and nurture new suppliers through the onboarding and integration process
- Managing existing supplier relationships; triaging and responding to supplier requests, recommendations and feedback
- Proactively monitoring supplier performance data and conducting outreach internally and externally to investigate anomalies and drive integration improvements
- Surfacing, distilling and helping prioritize supplier feature requests and flag bugs to product/engineering; attending relevant product/engineering meetings to advocate for the interests of the suppliers in feature design and prioritization decisions
- Conducting recurring meetings with data partners to nurture relationships, gain information and identify opportunities for integration optimization
- Drafting and distributing monthly supplier engagement emails
- Creating a framework for scoring and monitoring supplier health on an ongoing basis
- Performing such other tasks and duties as may be required or assigned from time to time in the Company’s discretion
- Occasional travel required
About You and What You’ve Done:
- BS/BA or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in a role at the intersection of data, engineering and business outcomes; past experience in consulting, banking or product highly preferred (but not necessary)
- Proven track record of building successful partnerships and managing complex data integrations
- Excellent communication skills with both executive audiences and highly technical stakeholders
- Organized and self-directed, able to set priorities and hold yourself accountable amongst multiple competing tasks
- Intellectual curiosity; ability to synthesize data and articulate insights to stakeholders and derive appropriate action items; experience with Excel highly preferred
- Knowledge and interest in data, survey market research, APIs and data science
- Willing to take feedback, learn and grow; an ethos of continuous self-improvement
Note: We view the above section as a guide, not a checklist. Research shows that underrepresented/marginalized groups are less likely to apply for a job if they feel that they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. We welcome diverse and non-traditional backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list! It’s expected that you’ll learn and grow throughout your time at Morning Consult, so if you’re open to building new skills, we’d love to hear from you.
The expected salary range for this position is $107,500 - $174,900, with a midpoint of $141,200.