Paycor empowers leaders to develop winning teams. Our Human Capital Management (HCM) software modernizes every aspect of People Management from the way you recruit, onboard, develop, pay, and retain employees. Best of all? Our team is growing, and there’s never been a better time to join! If you love to Think Big, Dream Big, Compete to Win, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
As a Data Manager, you will inspire confidence and enable Paycor leaders to unlock the value of data. The successful candidate will support business intelligence and data governance initiatives. You will manage tools, templates, and repositories to enable consistent usage of Paycor data. You will document and catalog data definitions, data lineage, and metric calculations. You will help data analysts across Paycor to find the data they need and pull it into the appropriate business intelligence tools. Are you ready to serve as a trusted advisor for Paycor leaders and associates?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains catalog of all current Power BI data sets and data flows*
- Maintains and shares standards, style guides, and templates for the creation of Power BI reports*
- Educates data consumers on available semantic layer data sets to ensure consistent usage by reporting analysts *
- Documents meta data about analytical data sets, key performance indicator definitions, and data sources
- Communicates data model changes and reporting best practice enhancements to reporting analysts
- Trains reporting analysts on proper use of tools, templates, and standards
- Creates custom analytical data sets for internal leaders and teams
*Indicates essential job functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field (Engineering, Computer Science, etc.); Master's preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or Data Governance roles
- Hands-on experience with tools to collect, analyze, visualize, and/or interpret large data sets
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (such as PowerBI, Tableau, Business Objects)
- SQL skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; must be flexible, well organized and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional demeanor and positive experience working alone or with a team
- Ability to clearly articulate complex concepts in simple terms to diverse audiences
- Strong technical, conceptual, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment and able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Paycor Total Rewards
We are proud to provide best-in-class benefits delivering a personal and professional experience that meets you where it matters most - the well-being of you and your loved ones.
- A flexible virtual-first work philosophy
- An initial equity award in Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for all new Associates and on-going award opportunities to participate in the value created through Paycor's growth
- 401(k) with $.65 match for every dollar contributed up to 6% of eligible pay
- Generous paid time off in addition to 10 paid holidays (including YOUR Holiday to celebrate a day or holiday you hold special)
- Three medical plan options – including a $0 cost option and travel & lodging support to ensure access to medical care
- Paid leave for birth parents, non-birth parents, elder caregivers, and military support
- Sabbatical opportunities for tenured Associates
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which enables you to buy PYCR stock at a 15% discount
- Inclusive and accessible Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to help with everyday challenges
We also offer competitive compensation determined by each individual's relevant experience, skills, and education. In addition to base pay, Paycor Associates are eligible for either a performance-based annual bonus or commission, depending on the position ($54,800 - $87,707). If your desired salary falls outside of these rates, we hope you'll still apply as there may be other positions that better align.
For more information about our total rewards, please visit www.mypaycorbenefits.com.