At Merative, you can apply your skills – and grow new ones – with colleagues who have deep expertise in health and technology. Merative provides data, analytics and software for the health industry. Our clients include providers, health plans, employers, life sciences companies and governments around the world. With industry-leading products and focused innovation, we help customers improve decision-making and performance so that together, we drive real progress in health. Learn more at merative.com
Merative business provides market-leading performance improvement solutions built on data integrity, advanced analytics, and domain expertise. For more than 40 years, our insights and solutions have been providing hospitals and clinicians, employers and health plans, state and federal government agencies, and life sciences companies and policy makers, the facts they need to make confident decisions that directly affect the health and well-being of people and organizations in the US and around the world. Merative aspires to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world’s most pressing health challenges through data and cognitive insights.
In this position, you will be consulting directly with clients and internal account teams on projects that span database configuration, data standardization, data feed implementation, data quality review, data trending and more.
- Work closely with data suppliers to understand data sets, account for nuances, work with other teams to set up connectivity for the data exchange and account for the data coming in on a scheduled timeline.
- Use internal tooling to translate incoming data into industry standard data sets for database usage (ETL).
- Use internal tooling to perform data quality checks to ensure data meets thresholds and use data investigation tools to investigate/research when data fails trends or variance.
- Independently manage assigned book of business, communicate project status internally/externally, estimate projected labor hours per project and create milestone project plans
- Utilize problem solving ability to find solution or response for questionable data
- Translate technical specifications for various audiences in various forms of communication
- Learn and follow established business process/workflow to load and refresh datasets into database.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to consult with client through exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, and utilize a strong problem-solving ability
- An aptitude for learning foundational programming concepts
- Foundational knowledge of relational database design
- Curiosity with a drive to find solutions to challenging problems
- Ability to lead and implement healthcare data sets using internal standard processes
- Desire to learn new skills and find creative ways to implement within data management work
- Innovative with a fresh look at old processes to present solutions to leadership
- Coachable and receptive to feedback
- Possesses emotional intelligence traits, such as empathy, collaboration, communication, etc.
- Prefer 0-3 years of experience working with healthcare claims and/or programming and database management
- Ability to work independently to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities concurrently
- Establish and maintain positive work relationships with peers, management, and customers
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and continuous learning; stay current on Merative strategies and offerings with understanding of technical principles and how they contribute to the overall solution
- Foundational experience involving database design and construction, data transformation, data quality assessment and healthcare analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on areas such as Information Systems, Computer Science or Healthcare (or equivalent experience)
- Preferred: An understanding of the healthcare claims adjudication system and enrollment systems