You’ll be responsible for driving the development of a first-of-its-kind data platform that transforms cutting-edge research into actionable information for scientific and medical professionals involved in interpreting and leveraging genetic data.
About the job
Constantiam Biosciences is operating at the interface of the genomics and big data revolutions to push forward the fields of genetic variant interpretation and genetics-informed drug development to deliver better outcomes for patients. Founded and lead by scientists with deep research experience and a practical bent, Constantiam maintains a culture of openness and exploration while also staying focused on delivering for our customers. Constantiam has a proven track record of attracting non-dilutive funding and is just now starting on a project with a multi-year budget, giving this position good job security in an otherwise tumultuous market.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving the development of a first-of-its-kind data platform that transforms cutting-edge research into actionable information for scientific and medical professionals involved in interpreting and leveraging genetic data. Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your skill set and explore new technologies? In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to work on data pipelines and transformations, data caches and warehouses, user analytics, and much more. Data transformations that you will be responsible for include data cleaning but also statistical analyses that are key to Constantiam’s offerings. We have established a baseline data platform following best practices while prioritizing developer experience so that you can get up and running quickly. It will be up to you to take the system to new heights while working in a multidisciplinary team to drive results.
Constantiam Biosciences offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment, where you will be part of a tight-knit team of experienced professionals. As one of the first few full-time employees, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the direction and growth of the company, and interact with experienced subject matter experts from the industry and academia. We value self-motivation and a willingness to learn and teach others.
We believe diverse perspectives fuel innovation and drive success. We’re committed to building an inclusive team that reflects the richness of our community.
If you are looking for an opportunity to expand your skill set and work with cutting-edge technologies in the field of genomics and genetics, we encourage you to apply for this position.
- Competitive salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Equity: Own a piece of the company’s success with our competitive equity program.
- Health Plan: Stay healthy and secure with our comprehensive health insurance options.
- 401(k): Invest in your future with our 401(k) plan.
- PTOs: Unwind and recharge with generous paid time off, including sick leave and floating holidays.
- Federal Holidays: Observe national holidays with paid time off.
- Remote or Hybrid Work: Work where you thrive with our flexible remote or hybrid work arrangements.
- Career growth, mentoring, and continuous learning. Everyone in the company is expected to continuous upskill and help others to do the same.
- Research new data sources
- Build data pipelines
- Debug issues with data pipelines
- Write and modify code to perform data transformations
- Work with the rest of the development team to build an integrated database and suite of applications that meet the needs of Constantiam’s customers
- 2+ years experience building data pipelines
- 2+ years experience working in cloud-based software systems
- 2+ years experience with version control systems
- BS in a quantitative or technical field (science, math, engineering, etc.)
- Experience working with orchestration tools (e.g., Airflow)
- Experience working with data transformation tools (e.g., dbt)
- Experience working with data warehouses (e.g., Databricks)
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g., Github Actions)
- Experience with Python for APIs (e.g., FastAPI)
- Experience preparing data for machine learning applications