We are a leader in specialty healthcare technology solutions, headquartered in Tampa, FL.
We are an ever-growing team, guided by our iCREATE values of Integrity, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability, Trust, and Excellence. We hold these values in high regard and are driven to succeed in all we do.
We’re committed to hiring and retaining talent, which is why we invest in our employees through competitive pay, a generous bonus structure, great healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and many other benefits.
If you are a software engineer, finance or accounting professional, customer support specialist, or a business development expert with a passion for healthcare technology (just to name a few), we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics are encouraged to apply. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected].
The Data Architect is primarily responsible for defining the reporting and analytics solutions and has overall responsibility for all technical aspects of solution delivery, from inception through design to implementation. The Data Architect works with large data sets and develops data pipelines that move data from source systems to data warehouses and processing systems.
The Data Architect works across our product-development teams to gather requirements, and design solutions with the teams of developers and business users, collecting the requirements and specifics for analyzing the raw data and building the datasets. These datasets should improve the data quality and efficiency of reporting system. The Data Architect will work with Development and Data Operations to contribute to the planning and project definition.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA, and other regulations, as appropriate.
- Create and maintain data architecture, data schemas, data management standards and conventions, data naming standards, and metadata standards.
- Develop and implement standards and processes for ensuring data quality.
- Work with product, engineering, and other stakeholders to determine and document the requirements of the data warehouse and data marts.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Provide input and consulting support on projects and road maps for compatibility with the data platform vision.
- Work closely with key client and IT stakeholders in understanding business needs and recommend solutions.
- Coordinate with database administrators and data engineers on the physical construction of databases, ETL processes, data pipelines and data warehouses.
- Demonstrate a degree of knowledge throughout all Nextech products and technologies
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect
- Advanced understanding of RDBMS principles, database design and normalization
- Prior experience developing ETLs using SQL Server based tools like SSIS and ADF
- Experience architecting and designing different types of data stores such as application databases, operational data stores (ODS), Enterprise Data Warehouses and data marts.
- Proficient with ER and Dimensional modeling techniques.
- Experience designing Logical and Distributed Data warehouses.
- Knowledge of Azure Data and Analytics PaaS Services: Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics and Azure SQL DB
- Participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation and provide support during off-hours for production incidents
- Ability to deep dive into technical challenges, design solutions and get hands-on
- A passion for automation and operational excellence, with the ability proactively identify and resolve issues
- Demonstrated success designing and building modern enterprise data warehouse
- Azure certifications: Azure Enterprise Data Analyst Associate, Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in software development
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Activities require a significant amount of work in front of a computer monitor
- Long-distance or air travel as needed – not to exceed 10% travel.
- 5 free mental health counseling sessions annually
- Paid Time Off
- Generous annual bonus opportunity
- iCREATE Employee Recognition Program
- Insurance : Choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Wellness Program including discounts on medical premiums
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Volunteer Time Off
- 100% Company-Paid Parental leave
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 100% Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Sponsored 529 College Savings Plan
- Corporate Discounts on Retail, Travel, and Entertainment
- Pet Insurance options