At Pluralsight, we are an established team of data practitioners supporting decision makers across the company. We use data to improve outcomes for our colleagues, our leadership, our customers, and everyone in the Pluralsight community. In addition, we are a team that values and encourages diverse ideas, backgrounds, and strengths.
In this role, you will need to use your knowledge of data pipeline orchestration, standard methodologies for data warehouse performance, data migration strategies, and analytics architecture to function collaboratively within a team environment. We are looking for someone who will apply software engineering standard methodologies to analytics code via the utilization of version control, testing and validation processes, and continuous integration.
Who you’re committed to being:
- Eager to dive in to data sources to understand availability, utility, and integrity of our data
- Passionate about data, analytics and automation with experience cleaning and modeling large quantities of raw, disorganized data
- Creator of reproducible and extensible work
- Appreciate being on a team that values and encourages diverse ideas, backgrounds, and strengths
- Carefully consider the ethical and security implications of choices you make when using data, as well as the impact of your work on customers and colleagues
- Respect and invite fair feedback while promoting the identification and open discussion of errors, risks, and unintended consequences
- Deeply understand existing and new technology trends, and you work with partners to review and recommend innovative and efficient solutions
What you’ll own:
- Building and maintaining production data pipelines for analytics across the business
- Developing tooling and solutions for data practitioners using a deep understanding of their objectives and problems
- Improving observability in our data environment, including uptime, usage, data quality, and data freshness
- Process improvement via automation
- Creation and implementation of standards for production-worthy data flows
- Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and help-related materials as applications are developed
Experience you’ll need:
- 5+ years of taking a multidisciplinary approach to data development: we emphasize picking the right tool for the job
- 5+years of experience with data warehousing architecture and data modeling standard methodologies
- 5+ years of PowerShell development, preferably cross platform development
- Deep experience with a number of data tools: e.g. SQL, Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Hadoop, Python, AWS
- Experience working with APIs, SSH, SFTP/etc.
- Managed systems with sophisticated dependency management and orchestration requirements
- Experience with orchestration and administration of EDW and Data application environments (e.g., Snowflake, Tableau, Fivetran, etc.)
- Effective communication skills with technical team members as well as business partners
- Ability to tackle problems independently and prioritize work based on the anticipated business value
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to enable progress through technology and access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do every day, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Be yourself! Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.