Hastings Direct is a growing company within the UK general insurance market with over 3 million live customers; our vision is to become the best and biggest digital insurer.
It’s an exciting time for growth within the Lending department as our Personal Loans Team look to build a more competitive product built on market-leading systems which offers customers guaranteed eligibility and real rates through Price Comparison Websites (PCWs).
Working in the Data & Change team within the lending business, this is a hands-on role where you will be using your skills to optimise and enhance the data infrastructure for long term stability, scalability and security to meet the business Data & Management Information (MI) reporting needs. It’s important for this role that you have technical coding skills as we will also require you to produce impactful MI reporting.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the day-to-day data flows from source systems and transformations into the HFSL database environment, demonstrating effective incident management with impacted stakeholders.
- Embed robust ETL processes and maintain the data warehouse architecture with effective monitoring in place to support the reporting and analytical needs of the business.
- Implement a best practice framework for data quality, integrity, reconciliation, controls, and governance, compliant with HFSL and Group policies and industry standards.
- Proactively manage data requests from the business and maintaining efficient communication with stakeholders when collecting and delivering their requirements.
- Support the wider Data & Change team to facilitate business change requirements across multiple platforms including database and decision engine changes.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and adapt to regular change.
- Strong initiative and independent mindset in identifying areas of potential improvement.
- Apply structured approach to problem solving.
- Strong and credible communicator.
- Technical by nature, with strong experience using programming languages (e.g. SQL, SAS).
- Experienced in working with server and/or cloud SQL databases
- Degree required – numerate preference
- Desirable - experience in financial services and maintaining large datasets.
Some of the great benefits we offer:
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- Up to 10% matched pension contributions
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell up to 5 days holiday, cycle to work scheme, opt in dental and healthcare cash plans and more!
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.