Palta is a multi-product tech platform developing several mobile apps focused on health and well-being with a combined audience of more than 50 million monthly active users. Our portfolio includes such successful companies as Flo (global leader in female health), Simple (12m+ downloads, the most popular intermittent fasting app in the US), Zing (personal fitness trainer), and more.
The rapid portfolio growth is fuelled by the recently raised $100 million in a series B round led by VNV Global.
Simple is a mobile application designed for improving quality of life by changing ones eating habits. It assists users in tracking everything essential to develop healthy eating habits and healthy lifestyles. It shows users’ patterns/insights and motivates them to apply this knowledge to turn their lives around.
Simple is one of the top apps in the Health and Fitness category on the App Store. The app’s audience continues to grow rapidly both in U.S. and European markets, already exceeding 12 million downloads.
We are proud of our people. We believe that the Simple team is the key to our success and the company’s most valuable asset. So, if you are interested in health and wellness, enjoy solving challenging problems, and have always aspired to become part of a global project — we want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking a Customer Support Team Lead (L2 Team). This role is essentially hands-on and involves tasks like improving processes, managing people, and directly addressing complex customer issues, whether or not there is a team under your supervision.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a 2nd line of customer support specialists, inspiring and empowering them to perform to their full capabilities on behalf of our customers.
- Conduct regular team meetings to set, review, and track performance against objectives, provide feedback, and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Actively work on improving processes, workflows, and the level of service to our customers based on metrics and quarterly OKRs.
- Manage the end-to-end process of issue resolution for our users.
- Respond to customer complaints and solve complicated cases requiring additional attention and supervision.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve issues in partnership with our product, development, growth, and QA teams, enhancing overall product quality.
- Build strong relationships with relevant internal stakeholders to create and maintain effective cross-functional processes for the L2 Team.
- Take ownership of your team’s performance on specific KPIs, processes, and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain documentation for team activities, including team processes, best practices, initiatives, and FAQs.
Experience and skills required:
- In-depth understanding and proven expertise in customer service, especially in mobile products, fintech, or e-commerce.
- Passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences, meeting tight deadlines, and achieving monthly targets.
- Strong people management skills, including motivation, empathy, the ability to handle difficult conversations, and excellent listening skills. The ability to coach teammates in one-on-ones and organize team meetings.
- Previous experience as a Team Lead of a support group or as a senior specialist with people management duties.
- Proficiency in using analytics and ability to evaluate the performance of the customer service team using metrics.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environments and managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Knowledge of Zendesk, Intercom, or any similar tools.
- Having some experience working with billing inquiries would be a plus.