About Amira Learning:
We believe every child deserves the chance to become a reader. We seek to help more students learn how to read than any other company in the world. Amira is a rapidly growing and renowned AI startup that was recently named by Business Insider as one of 30 startups to bet your career on. The company is the only education company in the Forbes Top 50 AI Companies, was a Time Magazine Best Invention of 2021, has been featured in the NY Times, selected as the “Future of Education” by the Wall Street Journal, won dozens of awards for software excellence, and has exploded into schools across the country.
Amira is the first, most widely used, and more effective AI-powered reading tutor. Amira is able to listen to young children read out loud, assess their mastery and deliver 1:1 personalized tutoring. Amira is a breakthrough innovation having a real impact on kids’ lives and societal equity. In independent testing done by State Education Agencies, Amira is the only edtech for reading that has proven effective. It is in use in schools in all 50 states and across 16 countries.
Who You Are:
- You are the critical link between customers and the creators of Amira’s software.
- You will manage, contextualize and synthesize a broad range of customer issues and prioritize actions for our engineering team.
- You use advanced technical skills to debug and troubleshoot customer issues, and can own driving issues to resolution or decisions.
- You both work directly with customers as well as provide guidance to teammates responding to customer needs.
- You will work with the rest of the Amira organization to uncover new ways to improve our product and make Amira the tool students use to practice reading.
What You’ll Do:
- Resolve technical escalations, including identification of cause and issue resolution
- Act as a consultant for customers, providing best practices, and solutions to their queries and issues.
- Exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience
- Provide well thought-out direction to help customers deploy and maintain Amira products
- Author and review knowledge base content to promote support scalability and improve self-service capabilities
- Own driving global product or implementation issues to a resolution or decision
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or relevant experience
- Ability to operate in a highly efficient manner by multitasking in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and detail-oriented thinking skills.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding goals and targets.
- Great interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working across remote teams.
- Flexibility – We encourage and support you to live and work where you desire. Amira works as a truly distributed team. We worked remotely before COVID and we’ll be working remotely after the pandemic is long gone. Our office is Slack. Our coffee room is Zoom. Our team works hard but we work when we want, where we want.
- Collaboration – We work together closely, using collaborative tools and periodic face to face get togethers. We believe great software is like movie-making. Lots of talented people with very different skills have to band together to build a great experience.
- Lean & Agile -- We believe in ownership and continuous feedback. Yes, we employ Scrum ceremonies. But, what we’re really after is using data and learning to be better and to do better for our teachers, students, and players.
- Mission-Driven – What’s important to us is helping kids. We’re about tangible, measured impact.