Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~80 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
We are hiring a Customer Support Executive to help us provide an excellent service experience to our customers.
About the Role
As a Customer Support Executive, you’re responsible for answering customer questions, resolving technical problems, and delivering customer experiences that represent the Close support philosophy.
This role requires a high level of independence and immediate responsibility. The main focus of a Customer Support Executive is our support ticket queue. Support tickets include general questions from our customers as well as system and integration debugging and more technical API support. As a team, we take a consultative approach to support and aim to provide guidance to help our customers use Close more successfully.
You will also be responsible for leading individual projects and initiatives outside of the queue, as the need arises.
Our team is small, collaborative and fast-paced: we bounce solutions off one another, support one another’s growth, and are passionate about solving problems. We rely on our Customer Support Executives to be able to manage their time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed environment.
Some of the tools we use are: Help Scout, Sift, Stripe, Twilio, Plivo, Guru, and Asana.
You will be reporting to the Director of Customer Support (Joseph Sterner) and will be expected to work Western/Central European business hours (BST/CEST).
- You’re physically based in the BST/CEST time zones.
- You’re highly proficient in the English language, both written and verbal.
- You’re experienced working with remote teams from around the world.
- You have at least 2 years experience working in a customer-facing support role at a technology company.
- You have knowledge of the SaaS + CRM landscape. Perhaps you’re an experienced user of other sales platforms, or other programs frequently integrated with Close.
- Bonus points if you have technical or coding experience: This includes VoIP, email, network management, APIs, etc.
In this role, you will
- Respond to customer support tickets by email and occasionally take support calls during Western/Central European business hours (BST/CEST).
- Become an expert in the Close product including features, integrations, and all capabilities of the software.
- Escalate issues to senior support staff and engineering as needed.
- Prevent and detect fraud. Conduct systematic and periodic reviews of new user sign ups to confirm that they’re enthusiastic Close customers and not malicious or fraudulent users.
- Review and act on any billing changes, updates, refunds or credits.
- Identify bugs in the system and outline them for our engineering team to resolve.
- Coordinate with our Customer Success team to provide extra support to large customers.
- Maintain help center documentation and create content for new and updated features.
Tools We Use
- Help Scout
🌏 Why Close?
- Watch our most recent culture video featuring our annual team retreat in Italy
- 100% remote company
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break with 2 additional PTO days for every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe’s climate initiative
- Our story and team 🚀
💚 Our Values
- Build a house you want to live in - Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS - Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other - Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom - Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness - Constantly challenge yourself and others
💻 How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact - We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration - We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work - During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings!
- Autonomy & Freedom - Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we’ll be moving forward.