WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, Launch Potato’s mission is to be the most innovative, tech-enabled media company connecting consumers to the world’s leading brands.
The company is headquartered in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, with a unique international team across over a dozen countries. Launch Potato’s success comes from a diverse, energetic culture and a high-performing, entrepreneurial team.
You’ll write snappy, goal-driven copy for our largest brand, FinanceBuzz, that will be seen by over 44 million readers daily across various platforms. As part of our mission to democratize financial independence, you’ll play an integral role by educating our audience and helping them make smart financial decisions.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a multitasker who can juggle multiple projects without getting overwhelmed. You know how to prioritize and seamlessly switch gears between paid social campaigns, blog posts, and email copy. You’re also not afraid to speak up and ask questions when you need help.
When it comes to wordsmithing, you’re a confident writer who produces clean copy and turns around edits quickly. You use learnings and feedback to craft messages that deliver the desired business results (revenue, leads, or clicks.) You enjoy diving into the data to inform your creative choices.
You’ll work across a range of personal finance topics, combining an understanding of audience intent with product knowledge to create copy that both informs and performs. Bonus points if you can make insurance and debt relief sound electrifying.
In short, your goal is to write clear, concise, goal-oriented copy in the FinanceBuzz style and tone across all our marketing platforms, including:
- Paid and organic social
- Paid search
- Push notifications
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Write compelling copy in the FinanceBuzz style for email, website landing pages, offer copy, and more
- Use learnings (analytics) and feedback to craft messages that deliver the desired business results (revenue, leads, or clicks)
- Produce clean copy and turn around edits quickly to consistently meet deadlines
- Collaborate with team members across the business and balance/prioritize requests from multiple teams
- Ideate new copy tests, landing pages, and more that really moves the needle and drives consumers to conversions
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 3+ years of experience writing for an agency or brand
- Expertise in writing about financial services or personal finance related topics
- Experience writing for a variety of platforms including Facebook, Google, YouTube, and email
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Equally comfortable looking at numbers as you are with words, including knowledge of content and performance marketing KPIs
- A keen eye for detail paired with the ability to work both independently and with a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment where adaptability is key
- An inherent motivation to make big things happen
NICE TO HAVES
- Prior experience writing scripts and executing on scripts for video ad content
- An online portfolio displaying recent work examples and your passion
Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
Since day one, we’ve been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.