Are you passionate about crafting the perfect message for the many steps in a buyer’s journey? Are you comfortable and confident in both creating content and the strategy behind it? Can you check your ego and accomplish ambitious goals by inspiring and motivating your team and peers? Three times, yes? Sounds like we found a match!
About this Opportunity:
The content marketing manager will partner with internal marketing and sales colleagues to identify key messaging needs and opportunities and, in turn, provide a content strategy that drives traffic and leads through both paid and organic channels. The content marketing manager will be responsible for the development and production of all deliverables associated with the content strategy, incorporating SEO best practices and keyword research, and partnering with both internal/external resources. This position reports to the head of our Content & Creative team and will work closely with other marketing managers and in-house designers.
What’s on Your Plate:
Bottom Line – This role is focused on crafting the right message for all the different points in a buyer’s journey.
- Producing a steady flow of engaging and meaningful content to communicate new, existing, or enhanced Popmenu features and thought leadership: articles, emails, case studies, landing pages, ebooks, ads, sales materials, interactive experiences, video, social media content, presentations and more.
- Defining a long-term content strategy to raise awareness of Popmenu, drive relevant organic traffic to our site (SEO), and increase conversions through our funnel by impacting key points in a buyer’s journey.
- Working closely with the Head of Communications on executive communications, drafting bylines for C-suite for third-party sites and Popmenu channels.
- Approaching content through an SEO lens to increase brand visibility.
- Working hand-in-hand with our in-house graphic designer and motion graphic designer, constructing necessary briefs, and sharing or collecting feedback when needed. Ideally, the person in this role would also have experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Google Slides design, but this is not required experience.
- Building and maintaining an active content calendar and associated workflows to ensure deadlines are met and new needs are properly prioritized.
- Hypothesizing, testing, measuring, optimizing, and scaling our marketing content in partnership with the marketing team.
- Building trusted relationships with team members across departments to understand the business strategy, business challenges or objectives, and timing for content needs.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Perspective:You’re able to place yourself in the shoes of a prospective buyer at any point in the journey and understand what matters most to them and how best to communicate our solution.
- SEO-Expertise: You’re comfortable and confident in building a content strategy based on keyword research to position Popmenu ahead of competitors – ensuring all content is rooted in keyword data.
- Willingness to be Hands-On: We all have to lean in. This position will create a significant amount of content in partnership with internal and external resources.
- A Strong Sense of Curiosity: The ability to see potential in an idea/product/feature and know how to present that to the ideal audience and convert.
- Outstanding Communication Skills:You’re a natural storyteller and have a knack for tapping into the emotional needs of prospects with strong copy.
- Organizational Skills:You’re able to juggle multiple initiatives at once.
- Start-up Ready: You have the confidence and problem-solving skills to be effective in situations with limited information.
- You have a passion for restaurants, dining out, and helping independent restaurant owners grow their business and solidify their position as staples of our communities.
What’s In It for You:
- The opportunity to work with a high-energy marketing team and agency partners that are receptive to new ideas that accelerate the penetration of a massive total addressable market.
- We offer a competitive salary and equity opportunity for strong performers.
- Flexibility and freedom are high. We work from home often. We care about results above all else.
- We’re early enough that you can make significant contributions to the company’s success, but have enough in place already that you won’t have to create everything from scratch.
- We work with extreme agility and fluidity, and need your help improving that velocity as we scale up smartly. You can have a major impact on how our processes take shape to achieve our goals.
- You will work with and learn from a team that is experienced in both restaurants, technology, and marketing -- a combination sure to inspire groundbreaking products and marketing campaigns.
- Your visibility will be high, with daily opportunity to share wins and learnings with the entire company.