This is a unique opportunity to join a growing digital agency in a leadership position for a critical practice area of Content Strategy & Development. Beacon Digital Marketing (BDM) is looking for a seasoned communications and content marketing professional with experience leading the creation of content that establishes brand connections and advances the buyer’s journey. The right candidate is someone with deep B2B agency experience, who thrives in flexible environments, can work to manage a remote team, and strives to deliver outstanding services to our clients.
This is a full-time, fully remote position with working hours of 9am-6pm EST. There is significant room for professional growth in this role over the next two to three years.
Key Responsibilities | 1. Team Management
- Manage and build a high-performing team of contributors, including both full-time and freelance talent.
- Continually evaluate team skill sets, encourage and mentor growth, and identify new hiring opportunities, partners and freelancers to enhance capabilities.
- Lead the team in the development, execution, and analysis of content strategies for clients in cyber security, fintech, B2B SaaS, and professional services.
Key Responsibilities | 2. Service Innovation
- Develop and enhance content services to meet the changing industry landscape and the needs of clients.
- Collaborate with the VP of Services to assess and implement pricing strategies for content services, ensuring competitiveness and profitability.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and tools, particularly generative AI, and assess different tools that can enhance and differentiate the agency’s content offerings.
Key Responsibilities | 3. Lead Client Content Strategy:
- Act as the senior-most subject-matter expert for content strategy and content development
- Lead the development of content deliverables such as persona research, journey-mapping, content & messaging audits, content strategy, application of SEO best practices, and thought leadership.
- Partner with agency leaders on the PR & Communications, Creative, Production, Paid Media, and Account Services teams to lead the development of integrated marketing campaigns.
- Interact confidently with C-level executives, providing strategic insights and building strong client relationships.
Key Responsibilities | 4. Business Development:
- Partner with the Business Development team to scope content strategy engagements.
- Advise prospects on the agency’s content capabilities and contribute to the execution of audits and research for client acquisition.
- Work with the Account Management team to identify opportunities for add-on content services for existing clients.
Key Responsibilities | 5. Thought Leadership:
- Develop and articulate the agency’s perspective on content marketing and contribute to the agency’s reputation as a thought leader through internal and external marketing efforts.
- Engage in activities such as writing for the blog, contributing to LinkedIn, participating in podcasts, and guest posting on relevant forums.
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales teams to promote industry contributions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute impactful, results-driven content strategies for diverse B2B industries.
- Proven experience building and leading content marketing services at a B2B marketing agency.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills - you have experience managing a team environment that fosters learning, development, and open lines of communication.
- Working knowledge of content development and social media management tools like Grammarly, Copy.AI, Outranking, Adaptify, HootSuite, HeyOrca, or similar.
- Strong familiarity with the relationship between search engine optimization and content - you know best practices for optimizing content and how to evaluate SERP performance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - you can deliver a presentation confidently to C-level executives and advise on content strategy decisions.
- Strategic thinker with a track record of contributing to business growth.
- Familiarity with cyber security, fintech, B2B SaaS, and professional services industries is a plus.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Leave
- Tax Advantaged Savings Accounts
- Option to work remotely from your own space, or in a beautiful, modern office in scenic Beacon, NY.
- Work with a small, creative, and hard-working team of marketing professionals.
- Professional Development Opportunities
- A fun, supportive team based in the Hudson Valley with a strong and growing client base around the globe