As a Systems Administrator you will work independently, with your peers, and with our software vendors to translate customer needs into technical solutions for our Wealth Management team. This team is a key part of Thrivent’s long-term strategy to provide a variety of competitive, comprehensive, compliant wealth management products and services to meet the needs of Thrivent’s clients. You will be responsible for the control of the technical configuration of technical vendor assets by applying processes for documentation, change control management, reconfiguration, baselining, data management, and other relevant processes. You will manage and modify the elements that comprise information produced as a part of the software vendor process. The vendor solutions you will support cover the new account opening experience, portfolio management, and our custody and clearing platform. You will be responsible for understanding vendor capabilities to best leverage the technology we have to deliver on our business objectives. This includes understanding vendor upgrades for impacts, configuring the system to deliver value, and maintaining certificates.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Configuration control, configurating the vendor systems and Configuration status documentation.
• Assist in configuration of company applications based on business requirements.
• Develop configuration requirements document and obtain approval from business owners.
• Plan and execute assigned configuration tasks within deadlines.
• Provide system configuration support based on changing business needs
• Assist in system analysis, design, development, and testing activities.
• Provide support in developing, implementing and testing patch releases and system upgrades.
• Develop and maintain configuration policies and procedures.
• Review and recommend changes to existing configuration processes.
• Analyze and resolve configuration issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to learn vendor proprietary code and/or configuration to meet business needs
• Maintain vendor test environments to match production and mitigate risk
• Review Vendor Release Notes to understand and mitigate system impacts
• Ability to analyze system capabilities to implement solutions
• Provide thought leadership to small-to-medium sized efforts
• Communicate within IT and with assigned business area to drive successful execution and maintenance of solutions
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information security, business, mathematics or related field
• 3+ years of applicable experience
• Demonstrated leadership on small-mid scale projects impacting strategic priorities
• Knowledge of Wealth Management Products
• Strong Knowledge of Networking Protocols, Single Sign On, entitlement provisioning, and virtualization technologies.
• Test Data Maintenance and masking knowledge • Learning Agility • Collaboration • Analytical Thinking • Critical Thinking • Strong Organizational Skills • Diagnose, troubleshoot & perform repairs on responsible technologies • Technology Standards, Procedures, Policies
• Knowledge and Proficient in the following Technologies a plus: