We are looking for a social media community manager to join the content team at OhmConnect as we build out our blog to become the go-to source for home energy and electrification tips and recommendations. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and promoting content across our social media platforms and email sends, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Pinterest.
Who we are
OhmConnect was founded to help bring 100% clean energy to everyone. We are solving massive inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid. We build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, their communities, and their wallets.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer striving to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where everyone feels that they have a voice that is heard.
What you will do
- Post regularly to social media channels following best practices for growth
- Ensure all new blog content is shared and promoted appropriately
- Edit and post weekly video/audio podcast
- Reshare content from our strategic partners
- Facilitate virtual video events, including FB Live giveaways and webinars
- Collaborate on new content initiatives
- Lead OhmConnect’s annual social media plan
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in social media marketing and content creation
- Experience with growing social media audiences organically
- Experience editing video for TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with an ability to work cross-functionally with various stakeholders
- Passion for sustainability and environmental issues
If you are passionate about sustainability, have experience in digital publishing at scale, and are excited about the opportunity to create content around saving energy and home improvement, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll get
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance - Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate values of working sustainably and putting families first.
- Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about halting climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.
- Base salary: $70k - $90k
Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Individuals seeking employment at OhmConnect are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identification, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.