Who we’re looking for
Zendesk is hiring! We are seeking a high-performing Account Executive who is responsible for crafting, managing and closing opportunities within a territory. This person must demonstrate all the behaviors associated with a high performance sales culture, specifically prospecting for new business, upsell and cross-sell within our extensive install base and delivering results against a quota.
What you’ll be doing
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Continually build pipeline of new business, upsell, and cross-sell opportunities
- Become an authority on Zendesk’s products and conduct discovery calls, presentations, and demos with prospects and customers
- Develop and manage relationships with prospects and accounts in the territory
- Demonstrate and sell value to key partners within the accounts during fast paced as well as complex sales cycles
- Track all opportunity and customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforc
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience selling to director/VP level leaders
- 2+ years of software selling experience; SaaS experience preferred!
- 1+ years outbound prospecting experience a plus
- Track record of success selling into mid-market companies
- Technically savvy; detailed understanding of a related technology
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com
- Skilled in virtual presentations, online web demos, remote sales processes
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Where We Work:
In this role, you’ll work primarily remotely with the support of a dynamic and caring team. We’ll provide you with the digital tools and experiences to be together–even when we’re apart. Being digital first doesn’t mean we’re digital only. You’ll also have the flexibility to join us at a Zendesk workspace, in one of our Zendesk offices or our flex office spaces. We will bring our people together on occasion to connect, collaborate, learn, or celebrate in person.