At Devoteam, we believe that technology with strong human values can actively drive change for the better. Discover how Tech for People unlocks the future, creating a positive impact on the people and the world around us. We are a global leading player in Digital Transformation for leading organizations across EMEA, with a revenue of €652M.
We believe in transforming technology to create value for our clients, partners and employees in a world where technology is developed for people. We are proud of the culture we have built together. We are proud of our people at the service of technology. We are proud of our diverse environment. Because we are #TechforPeople. Join our multidisciplinary team of Cloud experts, Designers, Business consultants, Security experts, Engineers, Developers and other extraordinary talents, spread across more than 18 EMEA countries.
Become one of our +8.000 tech and business leaders on cloud, data and cyber security. Let’s fuse creativity with technology together and build innovative solutions that actively change things for the better.
We are seeking a talented and experienced API and Backend Specialist with a solid background in cloud services to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of computer networking concepts and be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
Additionally, you should have extensive experience in designing, developing and maintaining robust APIs and backend systems using best practices and industry standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in API development and backend systems.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, such as Java, Python, Node.js, Golang or others
- Experience with major cloud providers (GCP preferred)
- Experience with Terraform for infrastructure as code adoption and implementation on cloud environments (GCP preferred)
- Experience with Cloud Governance models: infrastructure provisioning and configuration, cost management (FinOps), identity access & management, etc.
- Experience with container-based development and orchestration: Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, etc.
- Expertise in code optimization, memory management, complexity analysis, static and dynamic code analysis (SonarQube, Valgrind, Smartbear, etc.)
- Know-how and hands-on experience with networking topics: DNS, Load Balancing, Reverse Proxies (Nginx, Envoy Proxy, etc.), Web Servers, OSI Model, TCP/IP, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), NAT, IP Planning, Routing, etc.
- Network Security: TLS, SSL, HTTPS, Firewalls, etc.
- Expertise in Event-Driven Architectures and Programming
- Knowledge in Message Brokers: Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Memphis or others
- Knowledge of concepts: Producer, Consumer, Queue or Topic, Exchanger
- Authentication Methods: Single Sign-On, Standardised authentication protocols such as OIDC, SAML CHAP, JSON Web Token (JWT) and API Authentication Methods (API keys, OAuth 2.0), Mutual Authentication (mTLS), etc.
- Experience with Operation and/or Site Reliability workloads for logging and monitoring: Elasticsearch, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, Logstash, etc.
- In-Memory Data Storage Systems: Redis, Memcached, etc.
- Database and transactions knowledge: relational, Big Data (MPPs), NoSQL, ACID, CRUD, etc.
Nice to have:
- Capability to express and communicate well for audiences: workshops and training for colleagues, for example
- Experience with networking on Data Centers and/or on-premises setups