At Jamf, people are at the core of everything we do. We do what’s right for our customers, our employees, our communities and our world. We take pride in simplifying technology for tens of thousands of customers around the globe and helping organizations succeed with Apple.
Jamf operates as a choice-based office model. Choose to work in the office, connect 100% remote from your home, or find the blend that works best for you.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
The Client Platform Specialist is the front line of Jamf’s vision to empower people with technology that puts humans first. As a member of the Client Platform Engineering (CPE) team, the Client Platform Specialist builds and maintains workflows that meet the needs of Enterprise Technology Operations requirements with a focus on application and operating system patching, including vulnerability response and remediation, and internal support escalations and intake requests.
At Jamf, the Client Platform Specialist also acts as the main point of escalation for our internal IT Support, Information Security, and Enterprise Security Operations teams.
This role will focus on ensuring SLAs for patching and vulnerability remediation, and will collaborate with the Client Platform Engineers to identify gaps and establish process and automation to address the needs of Jamf and its end users.
What you can expect to do in this role:
- Work with departmental leadership to meet IT strategic goals and align technology with Jamf’s goals
- Assist IT leadership in ensuring service level agreements (SLA) for employee and end user device compliance requirements are met
- Partner with stakeholders across Enterprise Technology Operations to meet needs for vulnerability response and patching SLAs
- Build and maintain workflows and automation for third party application and operating system updates using industry-standard tools and utilities (e.g., AutoPkg, Munki, Composer, Chocolatey, Nudge, Jamf Patch Management, Jamf App Installers, Windows Update for Business)
- Identify, build, and maintain process and automation for ongoing end user device deployments and lifecycle management
- Act as a point of escalation for internal IT support requests for troubleshooting and problem identification
- Partner with IT Knowledge Management to create clear and concise documentation, guides, and training courses to facilitate proactive employee engagement
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission, and purpose of the organization
- Adhere to the highest moral, ethical, and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation, and creativity
- Support and promote a positive, inclusive workplace in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed, and manifested in our work
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in an IT systems administration or related role (Required)
- Experience supporting large count of end user devices across globally distributed locations with Jamf Pro (Required)
- Demonstrable experience building and deploying application packages and managing operating system update cycles (Required)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (Required)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- Well versed in client operating systems and platforms for Apple, Windows, and Android devices
- Experience working in a compliance-driven environment
- A high level of independence as demonstrated through clear problem-solving and communication skills and the delivery of high-quality work
How we help you reach your best potential:
- Named a 100 Best Companies to Work For by Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine
- We know that big ideas can come from anyone, so we empower everyone to make an impact. Our 90% employee retention rate agrees.
- We offer flexible work-life in a choice-based office model and new hires receive a #WFH stipend to better their work space.
- Benefits are a critical part of the “whole employee experience”. Our benefits package includes generous paid time off, including VTO, health and mental health benefits, family planning services, retirement and more.
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us.
- Our volunteer time off allows employees to support and give back to our communities.
- We encourage you to simply be you. We constantly seek and value different perspectives to ensure Jamf is a place where everyone feels comfortable and can be successful.
- 23 of 25 world’s most valuable brands rely on Jamf to do their best work (as ranked by Forbes).
What is a Jamf?
You go above and beyond for others, are willing to help, and support the team around you. You value and learn from different perspectives. You are curious and resourceful, a problem-solver, self-driven and constantly improving. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You are someone who cares about doing the right thing.
What does Jamf do?
Jamf extends the legendary Apple experience people enjoy in their personal lives to the workplace. We believe the experience of using a device at work or school should feel the same, and be as secure as, using a personal device. With Jamf, IT and security teams are able to confidently manage and protect Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV devices, easing the burden of updating, deploying and securing the data used by their end-users. Jamf’s purpose is to simplify work by helping organizations manage and secure an Apple experience that end-users love and organizations trust.
We are free-thinkers, can-doers and problem crushers with a passion for helping customers empower their workforce to focus on their jobs, not the hassles of managing technology – freeing nurses to care, teachers to teach and businesses to thrive. We have over 2,500 employees worldwide who are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work each and every day.
Get social with us and follow the conversation at #OneJamf