Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 700+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 140M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
Above all, you love chess and you are a passionate Chess.com member, who is experienced with the site’s various functionality. You are also an avid chess player, familiar with in-person (OTB) chess: you have been part of a “brick and mortar” chess club, have experience in organizing of and/or participating in chess events.
You see the huge potential in our role in bridging the gap between online and in-person chess.
You love talking to people about chess. You are eager to help make clubs better by helping club players to take full advantage of what Chess.com offers. You like thinking of unique and engaging ways to share our support for chess clubs. You are social, outgoing, and magnetic… but also organized, methodical, intuitive, driven and have attention to details.
What you’ll do
- Onboard and train new Club Affiliates
- Manage and serve our existing Club Affiliates
- Grow the Affiliate program by identifying and initiating collaboration with new clubs/academies/organizers/events who can benefit from our support
- Measure your success in the growing number of affiliates, the level of engagement among existing affiliates as well as the different ways we help the affiliate community
- Work closely with our content, marketing, and product teams to execute the vision of the Growth department
- 2-5 years of work experience, ideally in a marketing/growth role in a chess club/player demographic
- Creative marketer and project leader, who knows how to reach and serve active chess clubs
- Established relationships with OTB chess clubs and communities
- Have experience in organizing events (in-person and online) and using all the tools Chess.com offers
- Strong interpersonal networking and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, experienced in making presentations and marketing documents
- Strong collaboration skills, thrives in working in a fully distributed team
- Thrive in a fast paced environment while meeting deliverables with high accuracy
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Livelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (always have been, always will be!)
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!