About This Role
Hello, prospective pickle! Design Pickle is growing fast and we are looking to expand our Sales Team by adding a Business Development Representative. We are on the hunt for an enthusiastic and dedicated Business Development Representative with a flair for booking meetings and a knack for understanding creative market dynamics. The ideal candidate will possess a strong blend of sales expertise coupled with a deep understanding of creative software offerings across different industries and passion for delivering results.
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing & Sales
On a daily basis, works closely with the Marketing team and frequently collaborates with Customer Success, Revenue Operations, Sales, and Product.
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have…
- Have around 1-3 years of relevant experience in sales and under your belt.
- Have a strong understanding of market trends and can easily take instructions on how to sell our graphic design service to different industries.
- Demonstrated success in generating interest and maintaining engagement with prospects.
- Know how to convert a prospect and have a history of over-achieving your quotas.
- Have proven success at generating interest and always getting another call scheduled with a prospect
- Skilled in implementing cold calling strategies that successfully identify and secure new business opportunities.
- Familiar with best practices for lead management, scoring, and prioritization
- You’re persistent as hell and extremely goal-oriented. You pride yourself on organization and are proficient at utilizing multiple technology platforms - you like to WIN.
- Proven ability to tailor sales strategies when reaching out to different industries, ensuring messaging is relevant and compelling to various target audiences.
- Proven ability to not only meet but strive to exceed sales targets, always seeking the next milestone to conquer.
- Collaborative - you bring positive and energetic communication skills and your active listening ability is on point
- Bonus Pickle Points:
- Proficient in Hubspot and supporting tools critical for sales/marketing hygiene
- Data-centric - you thrive in the discovery of knowledge through numbers and see opportunities amongst it all
- Creative backgrounds/agency/marketing experience.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Leverage multiple tools to identify and correspond with prospective clients, incorporating each into the sales pipeline
- Qualify and progress leads in partnership with the demand generation team to drive conversion and create sales-ready opportunities while assessing their interest, needs, and budget.
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives via phone calls, LinkedIn outreach, and email.
- Schedule appointments for consultations and product demonstrations with qualified leads and ensure a meeting complete ratio of 75% or higher.
- Maintain expertise across target buyers and influencers, market trends, and competitive offerings across core industry verticals to inform outreach and follow-up activities.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date records of all interactions with leads and customers in the CRM system; maintaining data integrity in all efforts.
- Implement lead nurturing strategies designed to keep leads engaged in Design Pickle’s solutions and take a proactive approach to iterate and improve existing processes.
- Drive results consistently, adapt to shifting priorities, and manage workload effectively; baseline performance metrics to show quarterly improvements, measure pipeline created and influenced, and show progress against goals and revenue targets.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Production to optimize the prospect’s journey and provide front-line feedback.
Benefits, Compensation, And Perks
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We major medical plans as well as Dental and Vision insurance.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
401K: Plan for your future with a 401K with a 3% company match.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym with Peloton studio available for any pickles to use!
Life-changing massage chair: We change lives through creativity...and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life-changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life.
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Short Term / Long Term Disability Options
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.