Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do.
We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And we’re growing fast.
We’re looking for a Business Development Director to support our Sales team.
Accomplished solution-oriented Business Development professional with demonstrated success in selling services and technology to Enterprise, mid-market and emerging technology accounts. The Business Development function is able to communicate effectively with C level executives, as well as their teams, to help them solve some of the most challenging Cybersecurity and compliance problems utilizing best in class multi-practice resources and cross-functional teams. The primary focus for this role is to position and sell Coalfire cybersecurity services, offerings, and capabilities within a defined set of prospects.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and drive business development initiatives that align with our current and future cybersecurity portfolio service offerings in order to achieve sales bookings quota
- Responsible for creating and executing a quarterly business development plan and process, including coordination of all necessary internal and external resources to identify and secure business opportunities
- Prepare quarterly review on business prospects and market conditions to ensure revenue and resources are aligned with business goals
- Build working relationships cross-functionally with project management team, delivery team[DA1] , and marketing to ensure coordination of efforts and good communication with all parties
- Establish a repeatable process for deal review, approval, and lead deal execution
- Support building market awareness internally and externally for our Cybersecurity portfolio service offerings
- Make an impact to Account Management, including Account planning, Client procurement, Meeting follow-up, Pipeline development, Opportunity pursuit, Contract negotiation, Risk management, Proposal and Statement of Work (SOW) development, and Revenue goals
- Engage with clients in strategic discussions to provide best in class Cybersecurity / IT Strategy and industry guidance to maximize client’s long-term business objectives.
- Develop strong and lasting relationships with client executives, effectively engage new business and position the account for follow on security and risk advisory engagements.
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Lead client-facing management Security Strategy and Planning sessions and formal proposal presentations.
- Develop business with new buyers and business units within existing accounts.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience with direct sales or account management in a B2B sales environment
- Demonstrate a consistent and demonstrable track record of achieving annual revenue and bookings targets
- Proven history of quota attainment, forecast accuracy, and pipeline generation
- Knowledge of market trends, industry participants, new technologies & business models
- Demonstrated superior ability to develop and lead relationship-building activities with C-Level executives, including CISO, CIO, CEO, CFO, COO, Business Executives, and General Auditor
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and leadership skills
- Critical thinking skills to determine the best solution out of multiple “correct” options.
- Ability to travel up to 30% on a monthly basis.
- Desire and ability to understand and relate complex product technology, services, strategy, and direction
- Solution Selling
- Force Management
- Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Why You’ll Want to Join Us
At Coalfire, you’ll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where you’ll work most effectively – whether you’re at home or an office.
Regardless of location, you’ll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. You’ll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And you’ll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, and comprehensive insurance options.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $58,000 to $101,000 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs.